Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Console renting?

• 21-11-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

anyone know anywhere you can rent a xbox console ? lookin for one in sligo as mines away getting rrod fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That brings back memories.. remember renting a PS1 from Pearse Road Video when I was a nipper for about £10 a night - with a £50 refundable deposit.

Don't think anywhere is doing it anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Noooooooooooo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Try Harvery Norman's Flexirent deal. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ah i used to rent a ps1 back in the day myself, gas really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

how does flexirent work exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

basquille wrote: »
    That brings back memories.. remember renting a PS1 from Pearse Road Video when I was a nipper for about £10 a night - with a £50 refundable deposit.

Good God I'd forgotten about that!

Xtravision used to give you the PS1 in a really cool bag that held all the leads and controllers. And that's when we called it Playstation. Not PS1!

Ah memories....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i am so old, i remember the 90s

i don't remember but did this go on when the ps2 was around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

basquille wrote: »

I remember renting megadrives back in the day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I remember renting VCR machines from the local video store just so we could watch ghostbusters at home, good times....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »
    I remember renting VCR machines from the local video store just so we could watch ghostbusters at home, good times....

:p

i not that old i think i've always had a vhs, only 1 in the house mind you we weren't not made of money

if i wanted some old school piracy had to go up to my grans and her 2 recorders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement