Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mecha

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

So, i want some mechanised action. The sum total of my experience is a couple of episodes of gundam years ago. I want more. Is it worth chasing down gundam? I prefer feature length so are there any good movies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

So many mecha options :P

Code Geass is a near-future mecha, nice evolution over the series, not a movie though. (52 eps)
    Vision of Escaflowne is an 1996 series about a girl being transported to a fantastical other place.
    Escaflowne was also made into a (worse) film, if you need films.
    Then there's Evangelion, which has been remade as a film, I only watched the series, but it's the same idea I think. Evangelion is a super mecha (i.e. tower sized mecha).

They're the top 3, anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Having read the wiki's of them, all sounds great! Thanks for the tips. :)

Movies aren't a have to, just nice. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

here to help, let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

All three of gearoidof's suggestions are great (big vote for Evangelion though).

There are a few others I'd like to mention:
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (summarised in two movies, but the dvds aren't out in the West yet)
    Full Metal Panic
    Macross (Plenty of movies)
    Gunbuster (Movie version available)
    Robotech

There are plenty of the Gundam series/movies worth chasing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the most recent one??Macross Frontier :D (well,almost on the same period as gundam 00)

i am pretty sure a hot hit like that have english version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

Everyone's already suggested my favs. If you think you'll like Gurren Lagann check out Gai Gao Gar. GL was made as a tribute to GGG.

Apparently I have a thing for mecha shows that start with g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Right, well, going to start at the top and work my way down, so I've tracked down Code Geass (Lelouch something or other?)

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Nevore wrote: »
    Right, well, going to start at the top and work my way down, so I've tracked down Code Geass (Lelouch something or other?)

Thanks guys!

Lelouch of the Rebellion!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Gundam Wing, Gundam 00.

Wing has a feature length movie that you should watch after the series. Bit dated though. I found the Seed gundam series to be awful though, so I'd advise you to steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

Linoud wrote: »
    Gundam Wing, Gundam 00.

Wing has a feature length movie that you should watch after the series. Bit dated though. I found the Seed gundam series to be awful though, so I'd advise you to steer clear.

I absolutely agree about Seed.

And there's the Gundam 00 movie coming out in Japan this summer. But I've not a clue when it'll be available elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Code geass is a really exciting series. I loved it.
    The Super Dimension Fortress Macross is good too.

I havent seen any gundam stuff.

Advertisement