Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken livers

Options
  • 21-11-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the best place is to buy chicken livers, gonna make some pate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ni.Chofaigh

you could try the temple bar market, they might be expensive but organic and probably yummy! also the english market in cork... any good butcher could order them for you if they didnt have them instock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I got some from my butcher before, he had to order them and had them the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I think the english market in cork is flooded :( was there once would move to cork just to have that on my doorstep.

I will try my butcher thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - It really would help if you gave a rough idea of your location.

If you are near Dublin you can get them quite reasonably on FX Buckley's on Moore Street and Talbot Street.

sorry, im living in kildare but work in dublin so will give Moore street a shot
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Butchers on Meath street (cant think of the name) I'm pretty sure sells them. I always get chicken hearts from him for my mut.

you must have a very happy dog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

foodaholic wrote: »
    sorry, im living in kildare but work in dublin so will give Moore street a shot
    thanks

Superquinn has them - maybe give them a ring before you head in. Otherwise just ask your butcher, give them a day or two to order them in for you.

Advertisement