Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the new eamon dorans ?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

So we all hated eamon dorans but went there anyway when we couldn't think of any where else to go. I'm heading out tonight to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. We want to have a few drinks and a chat so I'm looking for a slightly rocky or alternative place for have a few drinks. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Fibbers, Whelans, Messrs, Brux, Sub Longue, Mezz.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Sick to my back teeth of Fibs, whelans is too packed, brux is too loud for chatting, sub lounge is lovely but plays the sorta music you hear in 'trendy' country nightclubs!!

Might try messrs or the mezz...cheers for the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

dorans wasnt the worst..ghgh...good rap gigs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

giddybootz wrote: »
    Sick to my back teeth of Fibs, whelans is too packed, brux is too loud for chatting, sub lounge is lovely but plays the sorta music you hear in 'trendy' country nightclubs!!

Might try messrs or the mezz...cheers for the suggestions!

The Foggy Dew is great too, though Id say by this time itd be jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Downstairs in the International can be good too.

• Advertisement

never heard of there...was only goin to dorans for a month or 3 before it was snubbed....wasnt the worst,.

ended up going to the sub lounge which is such a beautiful bar with cheap drink 3.40 for pints and 5 euro cocktails. It is such an amazingly gothic designed place with candles, gargoyles and big arches but the music isn't for me and just doesn't suit the place at all. Its all pop and RnB think christina aguilera - dirty & tina turner - simply the best. Very odd! been there twice now and it would be my new favourite place except for the terrible music. You can escape from the music to the outside smoking area but it can be quite cold out there if they don't turn on the heaters. They stop serving at 2am but don't kick out for a while so be sure to get your last orders in before 2.

ahh i see...the sub in crumlin is it?..aint been thereyet..sure to check it out...bring me i pod..ghghg

Yeah the sub is in crumlin but the sub lounge is under Tara st dart station!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

The Bernard Shaw. Love the place. Only pub in Dublin that serves pitchers of Buckfast. Normally has quite good music, not always rocky, but never chart, and if you can ignore the hipsters it's a great place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

But where's the new Di Fontaines!?

Bernard SHaw's decent alright though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The Bernard Shaw. Love the place. Only pub in Dublin that serves pitchers of Buckfast. Normally has quite good music, not always rocky, but never chart, and if you can ignore the hipsters it's a great place.
    pitchers of buckfast...jesus that can't be good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Splinter wrote: »
    pitchers of buckfast...jesus that can't be good for you

Oh but it can...

If by good you mean turning you into an excitable drunken animal, then definitely.

Advertisement