Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pick your own number

• 21-11-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

is there a way you can pick your own number for a prepay sim. I'm lookin for an easy to read number from a passing vehicle. But havint decided what network to use yet so don't want to sign a contract for the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

o2 used to offer a service called name your number. I dont know if they still do. It was from a certain bank of numbers, you could only pick the last 5 digits.

Ring customer care and ask them if they still do it. You wont be able to get a gold number otherwise. People do often sell them, but it wont be from the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

yeah heard that they are around 500+. Thanks for the o2 advice, i'll ring them in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Davy wrote: »
    o2 used to offer a service called name your number. I dont know if they still do. It was from a certain bank of numbers, you could only pick the last 5 digits.

According to this thread they don't offer the service anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

yeah came across that. :(

Advertisement