Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael at record high

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Do these polls actually aid fianna fail ,in the future ?
    What I mean by this is ,they create an illusion that people have had there say.
    By the time an actual election comes along ,people are fed up with the opposition.
    I think this is unlikely, people don't forget that easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Do these polls actually aid fianna fail ,in the future ?
    What I mean by this is ,they create an illusion that people have had there say.
    By the time an actual election comes along ,people are fed up with the opposition.

At best it'll harden the remaining FF voters and make them more likely to vote. The odds of FF winning the next election are miserable atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

imme wrote: »
    I think this is unlikely, people don't forget that easy.

Yes they do unfortunately.

This is the second time they've ruined the economy in 30 years.

I'd say they're in with good shot at the hat-trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

nesf wrote: »
    At best it'll harden the remaining FF voters and make them more likely to vote. The odds of FF winning the next election are miserable atm.

Hopefully not ,there always seems to be a sense of relief with these polls when the opposition does well.

If I was in opposition ,I'd stay well clear of making big news of these polls ,save face for the real battle.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hopefully not ,there always seems to be a sense of relief with these polls when the opposition does well.

If I was in opposition ,I'd stay well clear of making big news of these polls ,save face for the real battle.:)

The biggest danger, and I'm not even convinced it's a serious danger, is that FG/Lab voters get over-confident and think they don't need to vote because their party is guaranteed to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

This post has been deleted.

Big difference there; it would have been impossible for the country to have joined either side officialy without the country tearing itself apart. Aside from a few blunders (commiserating the FRG on the death of Hitler), the Allies knew Ireland was on their side (free use of Irish airspace, Irishmen joining the British armed forces, repatriation of any stranded Allied soliders, intelligence pairing etc) so it made little enough difference in our reputation.

Advertisement