Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done to Galway Bay FM

Options
  • 21-11-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was on the road from Ballinasloe to Galway last Thursday and Galway Bay FM were the best information providers by a distance.
    I was sitting in a queue in Craughwell for over two hours and the only good information I was getting was GBFM.
    I rang the station and Keith Finnegan answered, did some checking and gave me the best info that was available. They have put a lot of resources into providing info throughout the great flood. I thought they have done a great job and just want to acknowledge that.
    Many Thanks to GBFM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

absolutely agree with you. it has been a God send having a station reporting so frequently on traffic and travel. well done to all at GBFM

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Absolutely great service, thanks guys Just wish the news was better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yup, I'm more a Newstalk / Today FM-type person on my daily commute but I have to admit, GBFM did some sterling work the last few days, hopefully they will keep it up next week (they will probably be needed).

That guy they had in the helicopter was very hard to hear on occasions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

richieg wrote: »
    Absolutely great service, thanks guys Just wish the news was better!

Are you talking about the quality of their news service? Or just the flooding in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Spot on. Don't usually listen to GBFM but have had it on the last week on the wa to and from work. The threads on boards are extremely helpfull too. But of course it's hard to access boards in your car. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was on the road from Ballinasloe to Galway last Thursday and Galway Bay FM were the best information providers by a distance.

And you tell us this after galwaynews owned by the GB parent group was deemed the most completely useless pack of ***** for information and never updated their poxy twitter for all of 22 hours between thursday and friday .

That and you have to listen to lots of rubbish music in between updates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    And you tell us this after galwaynews owned by the GB parent group was deemed the most completely useless pack of ***** for information and never updated their poxy twitter for all of 22 hours between thursday and friday .

Obviously a man with an agenda!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Agree - GBFM have been on the ball fairly solidly. I travelled N18 early this morning, texted them latest info, it was read out within seconds.
    5 hours later, AA roadwatch info on N18 is still out of date.
    I rang the station and Keith Finnegan answered, did some checking and gave me the best info that was available.

wow! above & beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

Have to agree with you on that one OP. KF normally drives me mad but I thought him and the rest of the crew did good the last few days .Fair Play where it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ocho

Fair is fair, they have provided excellent info over the last few days, even if we do have to listen to Keith Finnegan thanks-whoring in the morning :D

It's not possible to surf boards when you are en route (okay, that's an outright lie, I did yesterday morning in brutal traffic!), and they have been giving traffic news pretty much constantly. I guess that's where local radio proves its value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Maybe if more twitter pages were left not updated, this mine numbing waste of existence would disappear altogether.........:rolleyes:
    Twitter = Complete and utter horsesh*t

Have to say I enjoyed listening to real people on GBFM the last few days instead of the Dublin drivel you get from Today FM & Newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thebionn

"It's not a flood, it's a puddle"

I don't normally listen to GBFM, but it was good with the traffic news when needed. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

fair play to Jon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Im not gone on Keith Finnegan myself, i find he's too much for the Co.Council, allways praising the sh1t out of them.

Advertisement