Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport on the 24th?

Options
  • 21-11-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

What's the situation re the DART & Luas on Tues. Are the drivers striking too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Not yet I don't think.

You'd never know though, they could still.

If they did it would ruin the biggest public service impromptu piss up in years.

Stay in lads, support the public service and the economy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

I think the Luas is operated by a private company. If so they won't be out on strike. CIE, Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann are semi-state companies but I don't know if they're considered public sector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭To The North

i think i may have mentioned this on another thread previously, but the unofficial word i have heard is that they simply don't know yet (well, it was friday i heard this so that may have changed). i think they're holding out for the hope that there will be an 11th hour olive branch meeting & the strike will be called off. however i have no idea what they will decide to do if it actually goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

ghost_ie wrote: »
    CIE, Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann are semi-state companies but I don't know if they're considered public sector

Apparently they don't pay the public sector envy levy.

Advertisement