Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Some Big Containers

Options
  • 21-11-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Where could I pick up some big containers? I would like to get some that hold maybe 5 gallons or more. It would be a lot easier than just
    having smaller bottles like I do at the moment. Has anyone bought some large containers today or recently? If so, where? How much? and what can they hold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Where could I pick up some big containers? I would like to get some that hold maybe 5 gallons or more. It would be a lot easier than just
    having smaller bottles like I do at the moment. Has anyone bought some large containers today or recently? If so, where? How much? and what can they hold?

I managed to get three 5 litre petrol cans in a petrol station yesterday, 6 quid each. `Dunno if thats any use to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

argos do a 25 litre plastic jerrycan for around €25...have two full here in the house just in case.

link here...you can reserve it online

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

If you go to the camping shop (O' Meara's?) on York Hill, just off MacCurtain St., you should be able to get the collapsable plastic ones you'd use in the same way when you're camping. Not sure about price but they have fairly decent capacity. And very durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Atlantic1 wrote: »
    If you go to the camping shop (O' Meara's?) on York Hill, just off MacCurtain St., you should be able to get the collapsable plastic ones you'd use in the same way when you're camping. Not sure about price but they have fairly decent capacity. And very durable.

That's Tents & Leisure, George there is a pleasure to deal with, would definetely recommend. O'Meara's used to be in Blackpool, closed down now, jus have their shop in Dublin left.

coolmoose wrote: »
    That's Tents & Leisure, George there is a pleasure to deal with, would definetely recommend. O'Meara's used to be in Blackpool, closed down now, jus have their shop in Dublin left.

Ooops! Thanks, Coolmoose. I think I'm showing my age there...... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Thanks for the replies. I don't really know what these camping ones look like. Are they the containers towards the end of this page?

Yeah. Vey similar to the 10l one near the end. Probably have bigger ones also.

As I write, I have buckets, dishes, tubs etc. out in my back garden, filling away nicely in the rain.

Anyone else doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 josieo

5 litre bottles of water in aldi 1.39 each

Thanks for the replies. I don't really know what these camping ones look like. Are they the containers towards the end of this page?

I looked at your link again. It's actually more like the very first one. Totally collapsable and cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Army surplus in Midleton should have some.( near tesco)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I went to tesco and bought a bin and filled that up!!!

Advertisement