Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E74 & One Red Light

• 22-11-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

God dammit :(

Two years next month I've had this 360 and I've had no problems with it, just popped it on tonight and got an E74 error on the screen and one red flashing light. I did a bit of searching and found it is related to the GPU and should be covered by the extended warranty. Anyone else have this error and get it repaired under the extended 3 year warranty ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

my cousin got it a few months ago and he was covered within the 3 year warrenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

mailrewop wrote: »
    my cousin got it a few months ago and he was covered within the 3 year warrenty
    Thanks.

The request a repair online doesn't seem to be working for me, keep getting a "A problem has occurred" message. I'll have to ring them in the morning.

Anyone know how long it takes for the tracking no. to go from billing info received after the parcel has been picked up ? Mine was picked up yesterday but the tracking is still on the billing info ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Exact thing happened mine about 3 weeks ago. From the time it was collected to the time i got it back fixed was 6 working days :), and I got a free month of xbox live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I think your gonna be looking at 2-3 weeks or more before you get the box back. Think it was 22 days from the day I posted mine to the day I got it back "repaired".

• Advertisement

I hope the package is on the way, I'd like to be able to track it though but as long as it gets there in time, I don't mind. As long as I have it back before Christmas I'll be happy. The sooner the better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

Just happened to me at the weekend.

This would be the third time my Elite has been sent back to them. Generally, its a 2-3 week wait for the unit to come back from the date of collection.

Obviously, they havent fixed the problems with the Elite as I keep haveing hardware problems. They say there are no issues when they get it...usual stuff.

My first Xbox has the rings of death error also. I never had any issues with any Console I ever had until I got an Xbox 360.

I'm finished with Xbox now I have to say, hardware can fail but after having to deal with their support staff a lot over the last year, I have to say that while the console is great, its let down by the dreadful customer service.

Anyhoo, best of luck with your repair, I hope it went well.

Off to PS3 for me I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

PS3 have their own gpu and overheating problems I hope you have less trouble with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

Still waiting for MS to do something to assist me here.

Unit still in warranty.......

I've gone past caring. Its great to be at home for a nice long break without catching up on some gameplay.....brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Think thats the one i had ...or it was e73....googled it and got back a video saying if you block the fans and turn it,xbox thinks its over heating,you get 3 red lights,plug everything out and it should work..I tried it and it did the job..So cant really see any risk in it bar maybe damaging your fans but could try it if ya want

• Advertisement
Advertisement