Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads on your youtube vids...emedded in website

Options
  • 22-11-2009 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Have searched for this and all I can find is people talking about how to block the ads that appear on the bottom of youtube videos.

What I am trying to do is make sure the ads never pop up on my own videos in the first place, I have tested this and the only thing I saw on youtube when uploading was that if I chose one of the music audio tracks to run over my video then that would put an ad on the video, but nothing about normal vidoes. Is it standard now for youtube to just decide to put ads on your vids whenever they decide? The reason is that for a business embedding youtube vids into their site this could be an issue as they could therefore be advertising another business. I had attempted to look at Vimeo but you can't use vimeo if they are business related. Had looked at Brightcove but too expensive for the needs, they are only short vids for information/promotional methods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you want full control over the videos, then I would think the safest solution is to get a video to flash converter program and host them on your own website.

Advertisement