Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

assassins creed 2? SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

• 22-11-2009 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am playing through assassin creed 2 and i have got the the part where you play as altair (for the 1st time).
    I have chased that guy into the tower, and i climb it... but i can only get half way up to the ledge with a door, but it
    wont allow me to grab onto the wooden post above it... is there a different way up.. or is this a glitch?
    Please Help,
    Thanks

MOD EDIT:
    As Mod I would like to express my frustration, anger and irritation by saying that if I have to ever suffer the spoiling a game that I was about to play ever again because I was required to edit in spoiler tags...Said poster will get 2 week ban on the spot grrrr.

Your friendly neightbourhood mod.

Blitz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Thanks for the spoiler tag in the topic title. Actually any spoiler tag would've been nice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

MASSIVE SPOILER ABOVE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

does anyone know where i can get a map to find all feathers of the fugly looking chick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lads that is not even close to a massive spoiler

in the game menu before you click 'story mode' it sometimes says
    did you know you can play as altair in assasins creed 2, have you seen him yet?

as to the actual question
    make sure that's the way you're supposed to go... it's a while since I was there, and I think i remember the area you're talking about. I think it took me a few attempts to get up there too.. just look aroudn the tower for any other sort of handhold, and if there isn't... keep trynig to jump up, m,aybe try jumping from different locations.. move slightly to the right and jump, move slightly to the left and jump.. etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

lads that is not even close to a massive spoiler

in the game menu before you click 'story mode' it sometimes says
    did you know you can play as altair in assasins creed 2, have you seen him yet?

No it doesn't. It says
    "Altair makes an appearance in the game, have you seen him yet?" That implies that you don't play as him, that he's hidden in the game somewhere. It was that line that made me immediately think that there's no way you play as him only to have the nice little surprise ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Spoiler tags ahoy!
    I went through the level in one of the tombs you have to search! just glitched under the whole level... The ****!?

The ending spoiler
    Seriously wtf was with the ending!? The people that came before?(Starting to be a bit like stargate here :p) They are what we've made our "gods" out of? I was kinda dissapointed with the ending but liked the game :D

To the OP
    have you tried to jump to the wall on the left and then up? Also, have you got the higher jump yet when you have to jump and grab on with B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i am so sorry i did not even think about it being a spoiler im very sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

To answer the question, yes you have to grab the wooden post, jump from the wall on the left and grab onto it then hoist yourself up and follow the wall up...thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

i has a similar issue...i managed to grab the post by walling running rite beside the post then jumping back off the wall and grabbing the post. Took me several tries but eventualy got it. Very tricky though

Advertisement