Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Photography Gear

• 22-11-2009 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

The idea for this thread started a few weeks back on a night walk. Some of us had fingerless gloves, some were not so lucky. Everyone had a tripod, colder metal on a cold night.
    I was one of the lucky ones with fingerless gloves with mitten flaps, but everytime i used the mitten flaps I saw a shot or wanted to adjust something and just had to take them off again. I had seen these sometime back and thought that they would have been nice on that night.

What gear do the rest of you have or wish you had for winter outdoor photography?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I cut holes for my fingerprints from leather driving gloves with an insulating inner lining, good enough for our winters. TK-Maxx is great for clothes, got a jacket with wind jammer on the sleeves and waist. Camping socks and decent boots are a must, if your feet get cold the maniacal laughter stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

The "dot" gloves, really I mean a bit of silicone on the tips each finger, if you want Ill do all the fingers and cause Im a nice guy Ill do both thumbs as well :D:D Not been smart but you really could do the same to any pair of gloves.

Pennys €1.50 for a 2 pack FLG's bargin !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have a golf glove on right hand and pair of fleece gloves (the right one goes over the golf glove). My tripod has a insulating foam on (the upper part of) one leg. You could do it DIY style using pipe insulation foam and few cable ties.
    Keep spare batteries in a pocked under your coat.
    Don't open camera bag directly after entering heated room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I got a pair of these last year. Expensive but they do the job:)

I manned up and went barehanded, but a set of fingerless gloves are called for in future.

Something like this guy has:
    5BA375BF9030446F8B01DE62C8B6B0FB-500.jpg*

that'll teach you to take photos of me again! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I've just ordered my Henry glove, really 'handy' & adds 'punch' to your shots :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Kbeg3 wrote: »

Do you know if they sell 1 only, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 121FOTO

You Irish...+5 degrees and you need gloves. Pu__sy :D. Try shooting in Tromso, Norway with no gloves on. Took the camera out and clank..2 round frozen things on the ground ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Kbeg3 wrote: »

Look the very same as the old goalie gloves we used to have in primary school! ;) Anyone remember the yellow and black ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Snickers workwear and caterpillar do finger less gloves with good grips on them,have them in most hardwares. 10€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

I got Snowbee neoprene gloves last year, the thumb and forefinger tips can be turned back. Best thing ever! £22 but well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ordinary gloves with the tips cut out of the right thumb and right index finger.

simple and easy.

another tip if you're thinking of doing this is to singe where you make the cuts so that gloves don't fall apart.

Advertisement