Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Problems ?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

How come the internet only works on certain profiles?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

That was happening me too,I had to get the i.t lady to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

You guys know how to fix it yourselfs right? In firefox go to

Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection > Settings :rolleyes:

Then change to manual proxy, then write in 192.168.1.253 (it can be 254 at the end too) in the proxy box and the port is 8080

Then press the use this proxy for all button... Hey presto all of it works! :D Has my geek shown a bit there? :pac: :P

I've written this in so many times this/last year I know it off by heart :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I keep losing my login ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

At least stuff isnt blocked this year :D

At least stuff isnt blocked this year :D
    We had to wait so long to get any internet though this year :mad: 90% of my classes are on computers too :pac:

• Advertisement

We had to wait so long to get any internet though this year :mad: 90% of my classes are on computers too :pac:

True! But at least we can pass the time with boards when it get booooring!

True! But at least we can pass the time with boards when it get booooring!
    Lol, I've been taking advantage of it too much, everything of mine is due in 2 weeks... :o Not that much done.... I really have to start working harder :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

I spend waay too much time on facebook in college

Lol, I've been taking advantage of it too much, everything of mine is due in 2 weeks... :o Not that much done.... I really have to start working harder :pac:

Wheres the fun in that!! The best part of college is the mad dash to get 7 assignment dine i 2 days!!

Wheres the fun in that!! The best part of college is the mad dash to get 7 assignment dine i 2 days!!
    I done that last year for the end of year assignments my main one... not fun at all, went into tescos the day before in college, got 6 cans of the tesco redbull (Kick :confused:) and a load of munchies :D Didn't get any sleep and was like a zombie handing it in! :pac: Although... I do work well under stress ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 paddysmith

You guys know how to fix it yourselfs right? In firefox go to

Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection > Settings :rolleyes:

Then change to manual proxy, then write in 192.168.1.253 (it can be 254 at the end too) in the proxy box and the port is 8080

Then press the use this proxy for all button... Hey presto all of it works! :D Has my geek shown a bit there? :pac: :P

I've written this in so many times this/last year I know it off by heart :rolleyes:

Thanks i'll try that the next time i'm in and let you know how i get on :D.
    I heard the problem is that the computer technician that was there last year left and didn't leave any of the computer codes ?

I done that last year for the end of year assignments my main one... not fun at all, went into tescos the day before in college, got 6 cans of the tesco redbull (Kick :confused:) and a load of munchies :D Didn't get any sleep and was like a zombie handing it in! :pac: Although... I do work well under stress ;)

The winky face at the end of that sentence slightly disturbed me lol and dont be dissin kick!! It got me through some very hard times!!

The winky face at the end of that sentence slightly disturbed me lol and dont be dissin kick!! It got me through some very hard times!!
    lol... I don't remember putting that in, think I meant to press the ":D" one :P I never said kick was bad! :eek: It's awesome, I just couldn't remember the name of it :o

Now that I know they can disturb you, I'm prob gonna use a ;) everytime I reply :p jk

lol... I don't remember putting that in, think I meant to press the ":D" one :P I never said kick was bad! :eek: It's awesome, I just couldn't remember the name of it :o

Now that I know they can disturb you, I'm prob gonna use a ;) everytime I reply :p jk

You've lost the element of surprise now lol

You should try Rock star! Its like Kick only it doesnt taste like piss!!

You've lost the element of surprise now lol

You should try Rock star! Its like Kick only it doesnt taste like piss!!

:P I'd prob go for monster energy if I had the choice :D Wait... isn't this meant to be about t'internet in college... :P This went waaaay off topic :p

Energy drinks play a huge part in college life so we're not too far off topic.....ish!!

COMPUTERS YAAAAAAY!!! :pac:

Advertisement