Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin Bikers

• 22-11-2009 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Well lads, my brother is getting married in may 10, we're not bikers but its because life passed us by, can any of you advise us how we can become bikers.. we just dont know how... long storey.. but we boh love the idea of biking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

MotteDai wrote: »
    Well lads, my brother is getting married in may 10, we're not bikers but its because life passed us by, can any of you advise us how we can become bikers.. we just dont know how... long storey.. but we boh love the idea of biking

Just to clarify, we'd like to rnt bike and ride to the stag.. what you recomend and who can rent bikes to virgins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I take you dont have you provisional that would be you first step to get it BUT I dont think there is any were that would rent bikes to and if they did I dont think you would make the stag more likely to end up in A&E for a few weeks with out training and know what your doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dibbs on the kidneys and liver. Mine are past their sell by date :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

To be honest your idea is really just a no go. You won't get a bike rented to you on a provisional. And as has been said there is a fair chance someone would be hurt out of a bunch of beginners heading to a stag on bikes.

Best use the money to hire a stripper instead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭randomway

if you are virgins, better rent a hooker instead...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

just ask a few lads to bring ya pillion.

Okay, I take your advise, stag plus bikes = bad idea. Still though would like at sometime to get on the road with bro for a tour... thats what I was interested in really.

Oh and as for strippers, thats a matter of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭randomway

I wento to drivingtest.ie, booked a theory test date, bought the cd, practiced a bit. Got the provisional, bought a bike, spent quite a lot on gear and started practicing in a big parking lot on Sundays. Others would stone me to death for not taking any lessons, but I just decided not to.. it could be much easier starting with a few hours instruction I imagine.

Do your theory test now and you will be riding next spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

randomway wrote: »
    I wento to drivingtest.ie, booked a theory test date, bought the cd, practiced a bit. Got the provisional, bought a bike, spent quite a lot on gear and started practicing in a big parking lot on Sundays. Others would stone me to death for not taking any lessons, but I just decided not to.. it could be much easier starting with a few hours instruction I imagine.

Do your theory test now and you will be riding next spring.

<---Throws some stones.

You may now throw some back as I didn't get lessons for about 2 years which was a stupid mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Was on the road 3 or 4 years before I got lessons. Only got them so I could use the instructors 250. If I had me own 250 I probably wouldnt have got lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Op, why not, as part of your stag do, arrange to go quad biking? Get the adrenaline out that way? Its four wheels, but muddy helmeted fun just the same.

Other than that, you could both book lessons on a school bike, to get a feel for what biking is about, and see if you like it. It may not have the same level of cool as cruising up to your stag do on a Harley, but it makes more sense if you really want to be a biker and not just act like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Wear LOTS of leather, big black shades and have a few chains wrapped around your body. Thats it. Also make sure to kiss a man during the night!

Hi all

Yeah thanks for the advice, your right. In my mature sober state (which I wasnt during the origional posting) I can see it would be lunacy getting on a bike without some training or guidance. Imagine after 30 yrs of not being interested in bike lately Im getting all interested in taking a ride... maybe its the old age .. perhaps a mid life crises.. hope not as im not old.

As for the carting all activities of the like your right we'll stick with that for now!

As for the later advice... am thanks we'll keep it in mind but I doubt it'll be a runner

Advertisement