Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Am I missing something?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Right lately on another site people are starting to bitch about un-probe-able T3 ships running missions in lo/null sec.

Newb question: Surely when you are missioning they can still find the npc ships on the scanner so even if you are un-probe-able the rats that you are killing and the large colidable objects are still probe-able?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

D wrote: »
    Right lately on another site people are starting to bitch about un-probe-able T3 ships running missions in lo/null sec.

Newb question: Surely when you are missioning they can still find the npc ships on the scanner so even if you are un-probe-able the rats that you are killing and the large colidable objects are still probe-able?

Well im pretty sure you cant probe the live rats but you should be able to probe the wrecks aswell as structures.

If i recall also players running missions have a much reduced signature radius so are harder to find when probing!! Not sure about this. Im just back playing after a years absence.
    Took me a good 10 minutes to remember how to bring up the system map rather than the star map. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

iirc if a ship is using active eccm then it becomes vastly harder to probe down, you cant probe down their mission or the rats or the objects in their mission, you can only probe down anomalies and ships.

I believe the way it works is something like your sensor strength's relation to your sig radius determines how easily you're probed, with an inflated sensor strength you somehow become very hard to probe down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Gneez wrote: »
    you cant probe down their mission or the rats or the objects in their mission

Ok this I didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gneez wrote: »
    iirc if a ship is using active eccm then it becomes vastly harder to probe down, you cant probe down their mission or the rats or the objects in their mission, you can only probe down anomalies and ships.

I believe the way it works is something like your sensor strength's relation to your sig radius determines how easily you're probed, with an inflated sensor strength you somehow become very hard to probe down

This is correct. They're using some bizarre function of sig radius versus sensor strength to determine how easily a ship is scanned down, which makes no fucking sense to be honest. Apparently you can make a carrier unprobable by mega boosting its sensor strength :/

Gnee is also right about the probing rules, you cannot scan down collidable objects, NPCS or wrecks. If someone is running an anomaly you can scan down the anomaly but mission sites cannot be scanned down. I've scanned down their ships inside deadspace mission complexes before, and really it didn't even seem very difficult.

Advertisement