Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Supermarket

Options
  • 22-11-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi all,

I would people to recommend the best supermarket in dubin.....

I've spent the last couple of months doing weekly shops, and i end up spending all day on saturday going to different shops because i havent found a supermarket that has it all!!!!!! as far as know there is no 'one stop shop' for food ........ Anyone??????

lw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To be honest, I usually go to more than one place when I shop.
    I buy my meat in a butchers.
    I buy my veg & fruit in one local supermarket that stocks a lot of local produce.
    I buy the rest of my shopping in other local supermarkets or shops depending on the price & who is offering best value for what at the time.
    I buy my wine in my local independent wine shop because it has a great selection & I like to support small independent traders who give good value for money.

You really need to shop around to get value for money & be sure that you get the best selection of produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Butcher for meat.
    Aldi/Lidl for veg & other bits & pieces.
    Tesco/Dunnes for washing powder, cleaning products etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 corkage

Fallon & Byrne in town, Mortons in Renelagh or Nolans in Clontarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littlewopper

thanks ppl

Im trying to find a supermarket that has it all..... I dont mind paying over the odds for a few things just as long as there is good choice and good quality all under one roof,,,, I'd like to have more time on my hands but I dont have the time to be going from shop to shop ...... I dont think there is the 'grocery mecca' i'm looking for?????

lw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Supervalu, love it. Even tho ppl around here call it "the millionaires supermarkert"

The meat is all irish and great quality, they don't stock a dose of unnecessary rubbish, sales leftlet distributed every few weeks, always free goodies with certain veg or meat all the time & unlike tesco they run the Dolimio/uncle bens free item (dish, plate etc) promotions or what ever else is running promotions that they stock. Staff are always dead friendly, manager packs my bags as well! And at halloween they even had big bowls of sweets on the end of every check out for the customers ... must have got myself 5 bars lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Supervalu, love it. Even tho ppl around here call it "the millionaires supermarkert"

The meat is all irish and great quality, they don't stock a dose of unnecessary rubbish, sales leftlet distributed every few weeks, always free goodies with certain veg or meat all the time & unlike tesco they run the Dolimio/uncle bens free item (dish, plate etc) promotions or what ever else is running promotions that they stock. Staff are always dead friendly, manager packs my bags as well! And at halloween they even had big bowls of sweets on the end of every check out for the customers ... must have got myself 5 bars lol :D

Supervalues are independently owned so they very much vary.
    For instance, the Cork city centre Supervalue is, IMO, rubbish - badly stocked, pricing and origin badly displayed on fruit and veg - generally, badly run.
    Supervalues in Clonakilty, Skibereen, Grange and Middleton are, however, all excellent - although the Grange one has a crap wine and cheese selection.

They're all very different!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

i cant help thinking how homstead must be kicking themselves,if they had of opened aldi style marts back in the day,they would be minted,and us poor peasants would of been laughing.

sorry for the off topic post.

i dont like any supermarkets outside of aldi and tesco. aldi for price and quality is by far the best,the little markets are too expensive.
    even if i was a millionaire i would still stick with aldi.

edit..people with money shop in aldi you just have to look at the cars in the car park to know that. where as people who like to pretend to have money shop in M&S.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

eireannBEAR, this thread is 4 years old - way to old to be revived.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement