Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost gate fob

Options
  • 22-11-2009 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hey, looking for a bit of help, not sure if its in the right forum though.
    We are renting at the mo and Ive lost our only key fob, does anyone know where we can get replacement 1s, preferably around finglas/northside, our management arnt the most helpful and feel like asking them will just be a waste of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine the management company / agent are the only source as the fobs will be coded. You will likely have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

look on ebay. Then look up the device that you are trying to open to see how to recode. Some of them are easy enough - some of them are not.
    A standard fob is around €35-40 so its not cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

OP Id say you will get joy from the management co. on this one- I lost mine a few years back. Replacement cost was €60. Nice profit for the management co. Id say seeing as all it is is a basic one function remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I thought I had lost mine, and asked my management company, and they sold them for 60 quid or something

I found them online for 20, so ordered a spare. Only catch is that you have to program yourself - but there are instructions with it.

Google the exact Model, or at worst the company who made it, and the companies who make them have good websites, with pictures of each possible fob [and there are a lot!]

Advertisement