Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Wigan Live

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

not a bad wy to round off whats been a ****ty week. the Goons beat and the yids win 9-1. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

that isa frightning scoreline. really is.

my phone hasnt stopped!!

lennon n defoe were amazing. super free by bently too.

on a sad note, after 60 mins or so the game was over defoe was running amok got hs hat rick n pav was left on the bench. he is gone in jan.
    harry obivously doesnt rate him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

keane=cock wrote: »

on a sad note, after 60 mins or so the game was over defoe was running amok got hs hat rick n pav was left on the bench. he is gone in jan.
    harry obivously doesnt rate him

Well considering that hs hasnt shut up moaning to the media about wanting a move away in january instead of knuckling down and fighting for a place, im not surprised Harry didnt bother giving him a run as there are far more deserving players at the club. Anytime I've seen Pav this season he's been brutal the guy has no character or fight in him. good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

not a bad wy to round off whats been a ****ty week. the Goons beat and the yids win 9-1. :D:D
    Yep, just the lift we needed after Wednesday night.:cool:

I feel Wigan deserved something :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Result. Lets hope we can carry it on to Villa Park next sat evening.
    Dont want to get too carried away. If we are in the same position come Easter, I'll be getting very excited ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

One word - Orgasmic ! :D

Well considering that hs hasnt shut up moaning to the media about wanting a move away in january instead of knuckling down and fighting for a place, im not surprised Harry didnt bother giving him a run as there are far more deserving players at the club. Anytime I've seen Pav this season he's been brutal the guy has no character or fight in him. good riddance.

dont think he is the best striker we hav not be a lng shot but he hasnt really being given a fair crack in my opinon. agree he hant put in much of a fight for hisplace and when he ha got a run this season he has been poor but he should last seaon in games he can be decent. that goal v man u when he got in font of vidic for a headr comes to mind!

dont like to see a player leave when he hasnt been given a chane thats all. im not his biggest fan. if/when he moveson i hope he does well (just not against us!)

still happy days today. 9 goals. all good as well!:D

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Superb result !..unreal...if only we could have beaten stoke at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Still laughing - what a game.
    8 goals in the 2nd half.
    Can't believe it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Amazing and famous win - will go down in history!

Can't wait to see the goals later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

anyone else mad lookng forward to match of the day later:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I feel Wigan deserved something :D;)

They GOT something....the one goal that they just about deserved (although Sky were suggesting it was straight from Henry's - er - "handbook").

I have only one word for this match*

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!

*OK, so it's one word but it's appropriately repeated NINE TIMES!!!!! :)

Biggest EVER top flight league win! This is once in a life-time stuff lads!

All time record victory was 13-2 v Crewe in the Cup in 1960. All time record league victory was 9-0 v Bristol Rovers in the old 2nd Division in 1977.

Biggest EVER top flight league win! This is once in a life-time stuff lads!

for us?

man u beat ipswich 9-0 n it was the first time a player got 5 in a match in the premier league(andy cole).

keane=cock wrote: »
    for us?

man u beat ipswich 9-0 n it was the first time a player got 5 in a match in the premier league(andy cole).
    Yep for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If ever one word could describe a performance, it's WOW. I don't think I need to say anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

stuff of dreams lads:D
    actually cant stop smiling
    amazing result last two goals were the icing on the cake:Dlovely goals
    glad lennon got his goal definitely deserved it
    i think pav deserved to get a run today like what harm could it have done?
    either way im so happy
    hopefully we can keep playing like this!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Just back from White Hart Lane. Absolutely something else. Obviously JD was something else but Aaron Lennon was brilliant. He didn't put in a bad ball all day. Niko was great also - real bargain there. Atmosphere was superb. They were being boo'ed in injury time when it was 8-1 and they were going backwards when the crowd were looking for another!!! I have probably been to a few hundred Tottenham games going back nearly 40 years and I have never seen anything like it and I am sure that I never will again

Should be expressing my thoughts a bit better but I am jusy just thinking straight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

incredible stuff. :p Hopefully they can keep it up as it's Villa away next Saturday. I've seen us win by big scorelines before and then struggle to win a match for weeks afterwards. Let's hope it doesn't happen here.

(I don't mean to be negative.. just being cautious) :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

WHL wrote: »
    Just back from White Hart Lane. Absolutely something else. Obviously JD was something else but Aaron Lennon was brilliant. He didn't put in a bad ball all day. Niko was great also - real bargain there. Atmosphere was superb. They were being boo'ed in injury time when it was 8-1 and they were going backwards when the crowd were looking for another!!! I have probably been to a few hundred Tottenham games going back nearly 40 years and I have never seen anything like it and I am sure that I never will again

Should be expressing my thoughts a bit better but I am jusy just thinking straight...

Superb :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

WHL wrote: »
    Obviously JD was something else but Aaron Lennon was brilliant. He didn't put in a bad ball all day.

This, I think, was a key factor today.....Lennon is brilliant in so many ways, and does, to be fair, regularly thread in good crosses, but also wastes a lot of his good work.

Today, however, he matched his pace and control with top-notch crosses to precisely where they were required.

If he can keep this up, he's becoming the top-level player that has always been in there somewhere!

Whoever's coaching and working with him on his crosses deserves SERIOUS kudos, as does Lennon himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

and only 1-0 at HT!

This fixture produced a 0-0 last season.

Although few (very) in number, I did feel for those travelling Wigan fans. Having been tonked a couple of times at Newcastle, also Liverpool and Bolton - it is a long way home.

As a 15 year old in 1976 my first trip to Derby saw Spurs 3-2 down at HT only to conceed another 5.

Also was at the Bristol Rovers match a year later.

A funny old game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I took my 7-year old. It was only his second live game. In forty years time, he will probably be telling people on this forum or something like it about the day he was there when Spurs won 9-1.

On a personal note, I think my darkest moment at a match that I attended was a 4-0 home defeat to West Ham back around 1980 - especially when about 6 guys beside me on The Shelf whipped off their jackets after an hour to display Hammer tops - there was mayhem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dont see why anyone would feel sorry for wigan. i remember about 8-9 yrs ago we were thumped by newcastle around xmast time, i think it was 7-1 or something. no one felt sorry for us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I just realised that half the goals we've conceeded this year have been against the current top 3
    2 v bolton
    1 v every team bar sunderland & Burnley
    The biggest issue we have at the moment is getting that first goal to open up the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

mickman wrote: »
    dont see why anyone would feel sorry for wigan. i remember about 8-9 yrs ago we were thumped by newcastle around xmast time, i think it was 7-1 or something. no one felt sorry for us

Kevin Keegan did and resigned shortly afterwards. He said that he saw the look on Gerry Francis' face and it really troubled him. Said KK has resigned a few times since mind.

Personally I have no sorrow for Wigan Athletic FC just some empathy for the few supporters that travelled.

Going back to that Newcastle match, it was a horrible pre-Christmas experience and I was forced to drink gallons of beer to help me get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I just realised that half the goals we've conceeded this year have been against the current top 3
    2 v bolton
    1 v every team bar sunderland & Burnley
    The biggest issue we have at the moment is getting that first goal to open up the opposition.

indeed and i was looking at the goals we conceded against chelsea and arsenal over the weekend .none of them should have gone in at all and i think if woodie and gomes had been playing well then a lot of them wouldnt have. the only match we were well beaten was against united and their third goal was also a calamity

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    indeed and i was looking at the goals we conceded against chelsea and arsenal over the weekend .none of them should have gone in at all and i think if woodie and gomes had been playing well then a lot of them wouldnt have. the only match we were well beaten was against united and their third goal was also a calamity
    Yep, would defo like to see Woodie & Daws strike up a cb partnership. And once Daws gets more confidence & positional experience, then potentially Daws & Bassong could be the long-term answer.

Advertisement