Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Wigan Live

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Kevin Keegan did and resigned shortly afterwards. He said that he saw the look on Gerry Francis' face and it really troubled him. Said KK has resigned a few times since mind.

Personally I have no sorrow for Wigan Athletic FC just some empathy for the few supporters that travelled.

Going back to that Newcastle match, it was a horrible pre-Christmas experience and I was forced to drink gallons of beer to help me get over it.
    I remember that one too. I was at a lower division match at Northampton Town. A guy directly sat behind me kept updating the score to his mate, using a small radio. When he said, laughing 'its now SEVEN!' - i nearly turned round and hit him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I remember that one too. I was at a lower division match at Northampton Town. A guy directly sat behind me kept updating the score to his mate, using a small radio. When he said, laughing 'its now SEVEN!' - i nearly turned round and hit him!
    I remember it well. And also a 1-6 at home to Chelsea. not sure if it was the same season (97-98). :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

el diablo wrote: »
    I remember it well. And also a 1-6 at home to Chelsea. not sure if it was the same season (97-98). :rolleyes:
    Two words - Christian Gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Two words - Christian Gross.

two more words George Graham

23-Dec-99 F.A. Cup 3® A Newcastle United L 1 -6 Ginola

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Nearly 24 hours later and I am still buzzing. Things keep coming back to me. One thing was the atmosphere yesterday during the second half. The stadium was hopping and was singing as one. I was sitting in the Paxton in the section near the West Stand. Neither of these would be a hotbed for atmosphere but they were both hopping. It is a really different atmosphere to one when you are a goal up against a top-four team with a few minutes to go. That is really tense but yesterday was pure exhiliaration and relaxation. If you could bottle the pure happiness that was evident as you were leaving the stadium, you would overcome any recession

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

WHL wrote: »
    Nearly 24 hours later and I am still buzzing. Things keep coming back to me. One thing was the atmosphere yesterday during the second half. The stadium was hopping and was singing as one. I was sitting in the Paxton in the section near the West Stand. Neither of these would be a hotbed for atmosphere but they were both hopping. It is a really different atmosphere to one when you are a goal up against a top-four team with a few minutes to go. That is really tense but yesterday was pure exhiliaration and relaxation. If you could bottle the pure happiness that was evident as you were leaving the stadium, you would overcome any recession

agree 100% with you. was in the park lane block 33 and the atmosphere was great. looking up to where you were we could see that the crowd up there were way more "active" than usual :D

here's a few pics I took

IMG_0264aSmall.jpg

IMG_0296aSmall.jpg

IMG_0310aSmall.jpg

shouldn't this bus destination be changed to "Crouch Beginning" :D;)

IMG_0320Small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about bentley yesterday?

i know he wasnt on long but got a great goal and had a good touch. the crowd loved it when he put the free kick in too. it would be nice if he started to come back to his best

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

My local in Dungarvan had it on so got to watch the whole game. Still buzzing about it now. Defoe...well what can you say about 5 goals in a game and nice to hear him after saying he was disappointed not getting a 6th...Lennon...just brilliant yesterday...Krancjar...great display as well!! And Bentley has to be given that goal. I've watched the highlights as well and I know it was a day when everything went right but the team seems really comfortable with each other and is making sure that they congratulate the assist as well as the goal A few times yesterday you could see them making sure Lennon was well thanked. I like the looks of spirit of the team right now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Every goal seemed top notch. I've thought for years that Defoe was the best finisher in the Premiership. Once he gets the service (see Lennon + Modric) we will do pretty well up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5714237,00.html

fair play to the wigan players. at least they know they have let their fans down

• Advertisement
Advertisement