Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theatre Space

Options
  • 22-11-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey Folks,

Okay, so I'm looking to stage one of my own works in or around next March in Dublin. I'm looking for a general opinion on whereabouts is the best theatre space in Dublin, for price as well as for access, if anyone can tell me I'd be very appreciative!

I do know the Teachers Club, Back Loft and The Mill, but is there anywhere esle worth taking a wee gander at?

Yours thriftily,

-Fish Fingers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Kudos on wanting to stage your own play,

T36 is a good option, it's affordable (less than 1400 per week) good sound and lighting system and deep stage.

There's also the New Theatre Parliament St. It's 1600 per week less tax, which takes her up to around 2000 (but I've heard a rumour that their rent is coming down, so negotiate!) also they've a rather anoying sound leak, so any 'pauses' or 'silences' will be punished by the background noise of Temple Bar.

Then there's The Cube in the project arts centre - you need to submit a well fleshed out proposal (including script) to their artistic director Willie White and it has to fit in with their artistic policy (available on their website).

There's Smock Alley - rent will be more but seating is around 110. They've also got the 'boys school' with capacity around 60 but all standing but rent is very affordable around 1000 per week.

Also available is TCD Players but they're only available outside Term time (which prob exludes March).

The International Bar has been the scene of many's a new play, they'll be quite cheap but with limited seating and I can't vouch for their specs.

Outside the city, try the Mill Dundrum - they've a blackbox. Also the theatres in Tallaght and Ballymun...

Once again,

Good luck!

Advertisement