Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your Eircom stats from your desktop.

• 22-11-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

screen.PNG

Hi Guys,

I've just thrown together a small app that lets you check download/upload stats and allowance for your Eircom broadband account.

All you need to do is provide your phone number and account number and it will give return the information shown above.

Please not this uses your system date to get the monthly chart, so it must be correct. Also, if you want to grab a previous chart you can just change your system date back to that month. That works for now but in the future I will determine current month from eircom along with months available to be charted.

Depending on the feedback I get back here I will provide support for more ISPs.

Please let me know what you think..

MODS: I hope this isn't considered spam, i'm not marketing this product here.. I'm just passing it on to fellow boardsies :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

it is handy,alright :)
    although some W7 x64 ( nvidia ) issue here, can u get rid of this black background ? :
    eircom.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

alec76 wrote: »
    it is handy,alright :)
    although some W7 x64 ( nvidia ) issue here, can u get rid of this black background ? :
    eircom.png

It's fixed now and i've updated the attachment in OP.

Try it out and see how you get on..It works on my Win 7 x64 now anyway..

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there anything you'd like to see in a future version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

it works for me aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

mac version please

empirix wrote: »
    mac version please

I'm not a mac programmer at the moment..but check this out. It's just a HTML document that lets you login to the Eircom page automatically.

See how it goes anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Works great here on Windows 7 32bit

I don't want to sound too demanding.. but wouldn't it be kinda nifty if this was implemented in a Windows Gadget?

Small rectangle that shows the download and upload stats, then maybe you can click on it and the graph is shown in a flyout window?

No idea if that would be difficult or not.. :D

If you're not interested in the desktop gadget format then perhaps the ability to minimise the existing app to tray, and have the stats display on mouse-over of the icon. Then click icon for the graph.

Thanks for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Very handy, thanks techguy

I don't want to sound too demanding.. but wouldn't it be kinda nifty if this was implemented in a Windows Gadget?

Small rectangle that shows the download and upload stats, then maybe you can click on it and the graph is shown in a flyout window?

No idea if that would be difficult or not.. :D

If you're not interested in the desktop gadget format then perhaps the ability to minimise the existing app to tray, and have the stats display on mouse-over of the icon. Then click icon for the graph.

I hadn't thought of the Windows gadget tbh. I was thinking of making an iGoogle gadget but that would peoples account info passing through my servers, that mightn't get a warm welcome!

I have no idea how to make a windows gadget but i'll be googleing it in about 1.5 mins ;)

I was planning on having it minimize to tray with a balloon notification in V2.0
    oisin wrote: »
    Very handy, thanks techguy

You're welcome guys, my first useful program, hopefully there'll be many more!!

--

I will be providing support for BT/02 soon as I have access to those pages. If there are other ISPs that provide this service let me know and i'll do my best to support them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,825 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Looks good and handy, but it won't work in XP SP3. Who knows what junk is preventing it from working on my machine though, as it's well overdue for a gut-out.
    This is what I get when I tell it to 'check now'
    I entered the number in area-number format, as works on the html page mentioned above.
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
    at eircomStats.frmMain.getEircomStats()
    at eircomStats.frmMain.btnCheck_click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    eircomStats
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/Eircom%20BB%20stats/eircomStats.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Looks good and handy, but it won't work in XP SP3. Who knows what junk is preventing it from working on my machine though, as it's well overdue for a gut-out.
    This is what I get when I tell it to 'check now'
    I entered the number in area-number format, as works on the html page mentioned above.

It works perfectly on XP SP3 as that's what i'm using on my main dev machine.

It seems the error you are getting is cause when you enter invalid account info. Thats what happened when I did it anyway.

I'm working on handling login errors now.

Double check your account info and try again.

Let me know how that goes.

• Advertisement

Try this one.It should do the trick.

Still getting the same - "input string not in a correct format"
    I'm putting it in as 012-3456789, as requested.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Still getting the same - "input string not in a correct format"
    I'm putting it in as 012-3456789, as requested.

I'm not sure whats wrong here if you're sure that your putting in both value correctly.

Maybe make sure you have .NET 3.5 Framework installed.

<light dawns>
    Aha. I installed .NET 3.5 last week for an app that needed it, but the app was crap and I'm not sure that 3.5 was any good. I'll re-install that in case.
    Cheers.

Cool, let me know if it works..

Hi Again,

I'm working on a newer version of this program that supports BT broadband.

You will also have to option to leave it running in the tray and check stats from there. When checking stats from the tray the results will show in a little balloon as requested.

I looked into going down the Windows gadget route but that would require a little much work atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seans

techguy wrote: »
    screen.PNG

Hi Guys,

I've just thrown together a small app that lets you check download/upload stats and allowance for your Eircom broadband account.

All you need to do is provide your phone number and account number and it will give return the information shown above.

Please not this uses your system date to get the monthly chart, so it must be correct. Also, if you want to grab a previous chart you can just change your system date back to that month. That works for now but in the future I will determine current month from eircom along with months available to be charted.

Depending on the feedback I get back here I will provide support for more ISPs.

Please let me know what you think..

MODS: I hope this isn't considered spam, i'm not marketing this product here.. I'm just passing it on to fellow boardsies :)

This looks very like Eircom's own broadband stats page http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=55&E=0000000000162317474&K=4019&SXI=14&E=0000000000162317474&St=55&K=4019&SXI=14&case=8926&branch=4
    which shows usage month by month. I can view my usage since I signed up to Eircom BB in Nov '07.

seans wrote: »
    This looks very like Eircom's own broadband stats page http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=55&E=0000000000162317474&K=4019&SXI=14&E=0000000000162317474&St=55&K=4019&SXI=14&case=8926&branch=4
    which shows usage month by month. I can view my usage since I signed up to Eircom BB in Nov '07.

Yes, thats pretty much it. Just brings it to your desktop!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

How do you check for eircom's mobile broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Now that SMART have introduced a CAP it would be handy if this App could check Smart?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

If you are willing to provide me with login details for the service I will try my best to do this..

I finally got back to this and now it's displaying the numerical results fine, but no chart. No matter, results at the fingertip are good :)
    There is something strange going on with the Java on the machine anyway and I'm sure it's that - so many upgrades,downgrades, re-installations I haven't a clue what version of Java/script is actually on it now.

Thanks, nice little program!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Nice idea, but has anyone ever been charged for exceeding their download allowance on Eircom anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Now that SMART have introduced a CAP it would be handy if this App could check Smart?

-

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Really really excellent piece of sw....and FREE as well....
    Thanks very much for this.

Would be great if could get a W7 gadget format of this if at all possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Nice idea, but has anyone ever been charged for exceeding their download allowance on Eircom anyways?

I use the Eircom check stats service and yes I get charged everytime I go over the limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

SpringerF wrote: »
    I use the Eircom check stats service and yes I get charged everytime I go over the limit.

Truthfully?
    What package? How much? How much over the limit

If so You're the first person ever to have a confirmed charge, it comes up here every week for years and nobodies been charged so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Tried it again, and now no graphics / map comes up. Readings are correct :(
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I've just checked the stats page online and its been changed, its now only showing the past 4 months.
    And a disturbing thing which I've not seen before, or just not taken notice of it is:

Note: The Usage statistics displayed are approximations only. Statistics may be temporarily inaccurate in the event of a change to broadband package mid-month. Please refer to your bill for actual excess GB usage billed, if you have exceeded your product allowance.

So I'm just wondering if they are finally getting around to starting to charge people.

Advertisement