Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check your Eircom stats from your desktop.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Yes, I think they are getting around to charging people.

I just spoke to a friend today who contested a €90 charge for excess use. He got off on the grounds that the site had some downtime throughout the month in question.

This line is a complete joke.
    Please refer to your bill for actual excess GB usage billed

How can they charge you for excess when they don't provide you with a (guaranteed) method for checking usage during the month..? Checking the bill at the end of the month is too late..

They are a crowd of Morons and I can't wait to leave them..!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

SpringerF wrote: »
    I use the Eircom check stats service and yes I get charged everytime I go over the limit.

For how long have you been getting charges from Eircom for exceeding your limit? Given the published rates, must be expensive to exceed, do they charge you per kb exceeded?

For how long have you been getting charges from Eircom for exceeding your limit? Given the published rates, must be expensive to exceed, do they charge you per kb exceeded?

I'm not sure of the rate.

We have been going over the allowance since november and haven't ever gotten charged. This month will be a real tester as we have nearly hit 140% usage so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Apparently they are now going to charge €2 per GB over the cap from the 26th March - http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Just out of curiousity, and because I may need to change to it, has anyone ever had any joy getting their home broadband package ugraded to a business broadband package with unlimited download?
    They do one for 48.40 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Apparently they are now going to charge €2 per GB over the cap from the 26th March - http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf

They've always said they "reserve the right to charge". Doesn't mean they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

True, but I sure would get some piece of mind from knowing whether the excess charge is 1c per MB or €2 per GB. It fives times less and more "affordable" if a charge eventually does appear on my bill.
    techguy wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the rate.

We have been going over the allowance since november and haven't ever gotten charged. This month will be a real tester as we have nearly hit 140% usage so far.

I hit 114 on a 50 cap in December. January wasn't so bad, I only went 37GBs over. This month I'm only 1.5GBs over. I've been slacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

If they implement this, then I am leaving Eircom same day as the lack of limit was the only thing keep me with them.

I don't abuse my download allocation, but I don't want to be contstantly watching my usage - not that they provide an accurate way to monitor usage in the first place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Went over the allowance by a very amount a few months ago. They called up, but not to charge, but to ask did I want to upgrade the account. They didn't seem much bothered about charging when I asked.

Very what? Small or big? Is it odd that I never heard from them after going over by 60-something?

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Went over the allowance by a very amount a few months ago. They called up, but not to charge, but to ask did I want to upgrade the account. They didn't seem much bothered about charging when I asked.

Same here, we called them and they said they'd let us know before anything "bad" happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Kahnyl wrote: »
    Very what? Small or big? Is it odd that I never heard from them after going over by 60-something?

Oops

Small. ~4%

****! Then it's really odd that I've never been called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I've had eircom broadband for about 5 years at least now, and I've been BELOW the cap only 3 months in those 5 years :)

I have to say though, 2 euro per Gb is not that bad a charge, considering it used to be 10, but quotes as a cent per Mb so people didn't really understand it.

This may just be a clarification exercise, perhaps they got a slap from Comreg for having difficult to understand terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

where can you check this?

hoff1 wrote: »
    where can you check this?
    http://www.eircom.net/usagemeter
    Note: Only work if on NGB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That app won't work for me (XP SP3), but here's a few stats from their website.

I've never been charged for going over.
    Rightfully so, too, because I requested their no limit package, but they still put a limit on it. Dicks that they are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146252&stc=1&d=1296685999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Snazzy app, kudos to you sir...

Planning on supporting any other ISPs? ;)

Hi Guys,

Strange that this thread has been brought alive again.

A while back I decided to discontinue support for this app as Eircom have brought out a similar version that is more reliable.

@roast - What other ISPs had you in mind? I would be interested in supporting others. I had previously developed support for BT but not sure if that still works since Vodafone took over their customers.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

techguy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Strange that this thread has been brought alive again.

A while back I decided to discontinue support for this app as Eircom have brought out a similar version that is more reliable.

@roast - What other ISPs had you in mind? I would be interested in supporting others. I had previously developed support for BT but not sure if that still works since Vodafone took over their customers.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. :)
    Personally, I'm on UPC, so would love a usage meter for that. I use software myself for this, and previously used a router which had a bandwidth/usage meter in the firmware. But I imagine that a lot of people would find such an application handy, due to the fact UPC dont provide these details.
    Alas, because of this, I can't propose any way for such an app to work, as there wouldn't be a database to work with.

As for BT, no, I doubt the app would still work due to the changeover, but it would be interesting to see such an app again.

Just about to fire a PM your way in regards other possibilities.

Cheers!
    Mick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement