Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile oddities in Mayo

• 22-11-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Shopping for a mobile in C'bar yesterday.
    Meteor store: 'yeah, we got the HTC Hero finally!' - ok, I take one... 'Bill Pay?' - No, prepay. 'no, we only sell it on billpay; there just aren't enough, and who'd pay 399.00 anyway?'

O2 store: Palm Pre? - 'yeah, but only on billpay currently. There are issues with data usage... '

Both phones are advertised as prepay on their respective websites and instore O-o wtf?!

Vodafone store ( 2 of those): HTC Tattoo? Still not in stock! H1? Nope... N97 mini? - 'nah, come on, who wants that after the n97' wtf?

Those businesses are really making the best of this whole xmas shopping, eh?

Really makes me want to support local biz and their staff...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

What a joke. Was going to pick up the Hero next week from a Meteor store on PAYG. If I run into those sort of difficulties I will get it online from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

IH77 wrote: »
    What a joke. Was going to pick up the Hero next week from a Meteor store on PAYG. If I run into those sort of difficulties I will get it online from the UK.
    I say! Ridiculous!!!

:mad::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Have you considered buying the Hero off the Meteor website (it's €389.99 PAYG) and having it delivered? Someone in the Hero thread said it only took a few days IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

IH77 wrote: »
    Have you considered buying the Hero off the Meteor website (it's €389.99 PAYG) and having it delivered? Someone in the Hero thread said it only took a few days IIRC.

Yes...but I have this thing where I believe not having a bank account - nor credit card - is the reason why, in my forties, I don't owe a penny to anyone... I will not change that for Meteor/Htc :) That's why I'm not on bill pay.

And anyhow... You'd think walking into the shop across the road is faster?!

But the point is ...well, you know... ;)

Advertisement