Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Wayne Rooney Overated?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Boggles wrote: »
    He missed the first 3 league games of last season. We are now approaching League Game 14.

Ronaldo was out until October - he missed way more than 3 league games.
    Were you not advocating the sale of Ronaldo because he was self serving?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

My two cents worth,

Yes he is overated, i beleive that if he cut out the crap he could be every bit a world class player (although he hasn't been as bad this year). He could have been red carded in half of his games last year if the ref had have been a tad braver, but allas because he is an english player playing for the english team he gets away with a lot, as does john terry. He has an aufull habbit of getting annoyed when he loses the ball and running half the pitch to nail whoever has the ball, and he also runs the length of the pitch to shout and roar at the ref most of the time they included 1 normal word 1 swear word, 1 norm 1 swear, 1 norm 1 swear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Warper wrote: »
    What?

Ronaldo made a comeback in the 4th game of the league v Chelsea as a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Warper wrote: »
    What?

What do you want me to do, shout that your wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Unearthly wrote: »
    Ronaldo made a comeback in the 4th game of the league v Chelsea as a sub.

Fair enough, I got it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The argument about Rooney and Ronaldo was always that Rooney did the team job for Ronaldo that had to be done, but Ronaldo wasn't going to do it. Tracking back when you have to, closing down up front etc. Rooney sacrificed himself for the team, no doubt about it. But it worked.

It's yet to be seen if it'll work at Madrid. Ronaldo scoring 40 goals does not equal a good season. A league or a CL does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

until this season , where he can now shine without ronaldo there, i thought he was extremely overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

My two cents worth,

Yes he is overated, i beleive that if he cut out the crap he could be every bit a world class player (although he hasn't been as bad this year). He could have been red carded in half of his games last year if the ref had have been a tad braver, but allas because he is an english player playing for the english team he gets away with a lot, as does john terry. He has an aufull habbit of getting annoyed when he loses the ball and running half the pitch to nail whoever has the ball, and he also runs the length of the pitch to shout and roar at the ref most of the time they included 1 normal word 1 swear word, 1 norm 1 swear, 1 norm 1 swear!

right so Rooney has now been a bad player in recent seasons :rolleyes:

and when he loses the ball, he makes an effort to get it back and most of the time will get it back. Also to bring in that he is English is ludicrous. He got sent off last season for throwing the ball ffs! Also excuse me if I'm wrong, but how the hell do you know what he says to the referees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Liam O wrote: »
    right so Rooney has now been a bad player in recent seasons :rolleyes:

and when he loses the ball, he makes an effort to get it back and most of the time will get it back. Also to bring in that he is English is ludicrous. He got sent off last season for throwing the ball ffs! Also excuse me if I'm wrong, but how the hell do you know what he says to the referees?

i'm gonna guess 'as bad' in terms of seeming trying to get himself sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I actually think he misses Ronaldo on the pitch

He is overrated in some circles, but his presence on the team is absolutly vital to us imo.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

i'm gonna guess 'as bad' in terms of seeming trying to get himself sent off.

hmm :o whoops, kind of makes more sense like that alright...still, he hasn't been that bad card wise in his United career despite what the ABUs will tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No he's not over-rated,I'm a Chelsea fan and every time he got the ball against us I got scared. He is world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Imo he's overrated by United fans and underrated by everyone else.

Advertisement