Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential flooding

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Is the parkway under water. It looks like it in this picture.

TH0_2611200947DUBLIN%20ROAD%202.JPG

More here
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/EditorialGallery.aspx?ArticleID=5860160&SectionID=3419

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

transylman wrote: »
    Is the parkway under water. It looks like it in this picture.

TH0_2611200947DUBLIN%20ROAD%202.JPG

More here
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/EditorialGallery.aspx?ArticleID=5860160&SectionID=3419

No the parkway is further up the road, you can only slightly make it out in the top left hand corner of the picture. The areas flooded here are the fields between the Maxol Station/College Court and the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Floods are getting worse. You can't walk past the PESS anymore, the pond has reached the building! The path behind the boathouse is invisible and the roundabout is bad too!

Hopefully it won't get any worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FireFly09

i've been hearing rumours that if the flooding gets worse the exams are gonna have to be held in the end of jan instead?? is the PES building flooded or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Aerial Panorama of UL this morning:
    AerialPhoto.ie_UL_Flooding.jpg

Click the image to view an interactive flash panorama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Another panorama of the flooding around the Park Point / Aldi / Groody River area. No shortage of water!

aldi_thumb.jpg

Surely you did not clamber to the top of the Mill for those shots..:eek::eek::eek:
    I used to climb that when i was a Kid and it was bloody Dangerous then..

Excellent snaps, well done:D

Cheers,ah the mill is safe enough,once you don't forget about that missing step near the top it's grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Once Thursday comes around we should be safe enough or so I hear.

Am I right in saying there haven't been many casualties or deaths due to the recent floods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Nockz wrote: »
    deaths due to the recent floods?
    4 have died in Great Britain due to the flooding.

Advertisement