Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

external drive opinion

• 22-11-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Im spending my air miles and this popped up from etihad. wont cost me a penny but how do you rate them and will they work here. I have a western dig but i will give that to my bro which ever is better

Reward Description

Take your files and applications anywhere! The pocket-sized USB powered Iomega® eGo™Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply - just plug it in and go. And with the Drop Shock™ feature, the eGo Portable Hard Drive is rugged and flexible enough to safely store large amounts of data in tough travel environments. Also includes EMC® Retrospect® HD software (PC via download) to protect all your files, this is a great travel companion that lets you take your files, photos and music anywhere.
    •Capacity: 320GB
    •Protection Suite
    •Dimensions (L×W×H): 5.14 × 3.17 × 0.61 inches (130.6 × 80.5 × 15.5 mm)
    •Weight: 0.418 lbs (190 gr)
    •Easy-To-Use: USB 2.0 interface available with no external power supply required
    •Compact: Ultra portable, fits easily into a pocket
    •Secure: EMC® Retrospect Express (PC/Mac) software license is included for easy file backup (software via download). Also included is free MozyHome Online Backup (2GB online capacity)
    •Rugged: Sturdy aluminum construction; Drop Shock™ technology on all models
    •Contents: Portable Hard Drive, USB 2.0 + Power cable, Quick Start Guide
    •Warranty: 1 Year

Rules & Restrictions

Local taxes such as VAT and/or luxury taxes might apply. Please check with your local authorities before ordering this reward.

Technical Specifications
    •Interface: USB 2.0
    •Format: NTFS (default)¹
    •USB 2.0 Transfer Rate: up to 480Mbits/s
    •Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
    •Memory Cache: 8MB or greater
    •Windows® PC requirements: Pentium® II-class or equivalent processor or higher, Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional / XP Home / XP Professional / XP Professional x64 / Windows Vista™ (all versions), USB 2.0 interface connection, 256MB RAM or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or Netscape ® 6.1 or higher
    •Mac® requirements: PowerPC G3 and above or Intel Core Duo processor, Built-in USB connection only², Mac® OS X version 10.1 - 10.5, 128MB RAM or higher, Safari 1.0 or higher
    ¹ Mac users must reformat the drive to Mac OS Extended (HFS+) before use
    ² Drive performance will be slower connected to USB 1.1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

anyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Firstly, given those specs, if I was to buy in in a shop I'd expect to pay no more than 40 to 50 Euro.
    You can pick up a 1TB now for €99.
    Is using up your air miles on this worth it?

The other thing I note is that its solely powered by usb alone.
    This might provide much slower disk access time (longer to upload to it and download from it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

ye well ill never use the airline again. Umm thanks though ill look for other things ha

Advertisement