Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Store

Options
  • 22-11-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I would like to open an online shop, was thinking of using yahoo stores to create the online store, will be selling 150 or so products, fairly basic shop needed, i import the products put them in the store and sell them as they are. Dont know what kind of volume i might sell, but i will start small and think big. My Market research suggests that the products have the potential to sell very well.
    Has anyone used yahoo or would anyone recommend i try a different route.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

noel69 wrote: »
    I would like to open an online shop, was thinking of using yahoo stores to create the online store, will be selling 150 or so products, fairly basic shop needed, i import the products put them in the store and sell them as they are. Dont know what kind of volume i might sell, but i will start small and think big. My Market research suggests that the products have the potential to sell very well.
    Has anyone used yahoo or would anyone recommend i try a different route.

Thanks

You could always sell smaller quantities on Ebay to test the market and to see if you can compete with the price's that's being offered....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 noel69

The products are mostly the same product only different shapes and sizes of this product and then a few ancillary items. Will not cost alot to buy in an initial stock so i am going to go ahead buy a start off stock, stick them online and see what happens. Not a whole pile of risk involved.

Also i dont seem to have a competitor online in ireland to compete against for this product, there are others selling this product online but not ireland based and i can compete with them on price anyway. There is a shop in dublin and belfast selling this product and probably a couple of other places about the country, however there are large parts of the country where it is not easy to get this product. First port of call would generally be the net and the top ten results show that you cant buy this product online in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Any particular reason why you are going with yahoo store? Will you be able to accept Laser? (Very important in Ireland)

No particular reason, just all i know of really. Hence im questioning whether it would be the best option. They say they accept debit and credit cards and paypal options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

No particular reason, just all i know of really. Hence im questioning whether it would be the best option.

My advice is to try and find someone else who has an online store here in Ireland using yahoo store. Find out if they accept Laser and also if they can offer any impartial advice.
    They say they accept debit and credit cards and paypal options.

Can you provide a link to this? My experience has been that any international providers stating that they accept debit cards does not necessarily mean that they process Laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Noel,
    This link might be of interest
    http://ecommerce-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Advertisement