Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual interests...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm involved in a lot of stuff online, in the Harry Potter fandom, which my friends don't seem to understand...oh well.

Diablos (which nobody I know has heard of), and latch hook rug making is the other main things I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Diablos are fun! I suck so badly at them.

Hmmm, like a couple of other folks have said, a number of my interests are much more main-stream now than in the past - roleplaying, larping, ccgs, anime, manga, fantasy, chatting to crazies on the web ;). My music taste, if not unusual, is eclectic, still suprises me that people can accept my listening to metal, trance and j-pop, and are somehow suprised when they see my double bass!

I collect dice. Apparantly that's not normal ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I collect postcards:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I frequently go to the cinema alone, once sometimes even twice a week. At weird times too. I dunno, I just love sitting in a near empty cinema for two hours where I am totally oblivious to what is happening outside. Even if it's a bad film I don't care, I think that is quite evident from my postings in The Lair on Friday. :p

hmm i think il start doing that if you see a someone gently bouncing up and down in the front dont disturb me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

So it be a toss up between comics or wrestling I don't know which one is more socially unacceptable. Only know one guy that reads comics (Other then my brother who reads all of my comics) who I meat in work.

At first we talk about nerdy films/T.V. and video games and then he justs drops in something about "Graphic Novels" and I saw the look in his eyes.

It was a test word, he was trying to see how nerdy I was and boy he had no idea.

For the next hour (While we were suppsoe to be working) we chatted about what books he had, what I had, what we wanted and what do think this meant and so on.

Nobody else seems to be into my music taste either which is mostly rap, sprinkle with rock and female singers like regina spektor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robjones

Regina :D

the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

I finally got to see her live at oxegyen this year and of course she king konged it, was going to see her when she supported David Grey, but thought it would only be a 20 mins support slot, turns out it was a near 75 min slot. D'oh multiply by a 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Graymavyn

Probably my most obscure interest is making puzzles boxes. Japanese puzzle boxes and other kinds.

This invariable causes a comparison to the box from Hellraiser.

Advertisement