Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Pure" type games?

• 22-11-2009 4:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im looking a getting my young lad a few games similar to Pure, anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i thought dirt was a great game! unsure bout dirt 2 though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I watched a few vids of Fuel., looks decent and similar.
    Also might get Burnout Paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Burnout Paradise is a great game. DIRT too. Both arcadey like Pure and cheap enough. I think there's another ATV game out or on the way if you're specifically looking for quad bike games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

MX vs ATV Untamed is leak compared to Pure, not half as fun, so unless you can find it dirt cheap I wouldn't bother with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Dcully wrote: »
    I watched a few vids of Fuel., looks decent and similar.
    Also might get Burnout Paradise.

I thought that too about Fuel, it was terrible, its so bland and slow compared to Pure. Rent it 1st and make your own mind up...

Burnout Paradise is brilliant, highly recommend it.

Dirt 2 is another great racer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you can pick up burnout paradise from hmv for a tenner.

there's an ultimate edition thats costs a bit more but most of the extra content that comes on that is free anyway...(bikes etc are free dlc) really you are paying for the party mode and the ease of skipping a hefty big update download when you boot it if you buy the ultimate edition which can go for around 25 euro. Though you will still have an update to download even with the ultimate edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anibal5

An issue with burnout games is they are very fast with blurred motion used. While it makes the game series what it is, it may or may not work visually for a younger person wrt speed and eye tracking.

I can recommend the atv / mtx games

ATV: Quad Power Racing 2 xbox 2004

MX Unleashed xbox 2004

MX vs ATV Unleashed xbox 2005

MX vs ATV Untamed xbox360 2007

All of these are very good imo;
    a. especially with friends
    b. really can pick up the basics in 60 seconds to encourage a.

As per the below, the first 3 are backward compatiable
    http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Very good imo

Thats about as similar to pure as Halo 3 is in fairness...

+1 for burnout paradise

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Burnout rocks and is quite like Pure in many ways (which I completed too!).

I loved SSX Tricky but I dont seem to be able to get my copy to work on the 360. Its VERY like Pure.

DeV.

is surf island worth picking up for burnout paradise btw?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ok i got the burnout paradise and dirt 2 demos on live and the young fellow loves them so i reckon both are on my shopping list.
    He sems addicted to high speed crashes in burnout :P
    Trials HD is a top game i have it myself.

Thanks all for input :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Get Burnout Paradise Party (its the same game with party pack expansions).

I cant *begin* to describe how much fun my group of mates have had with that. It brings out the absolute WORST in us :)

DeV.

party worth getting Dev really?

I guess I'm not as sociable as you :(

I paid extra for the party edition before finding out that only the party elements were paid DLC and the rest that came with it were free to download.

Would have gone for the HMV tenner version if I'd known :D

reminds me of topgear for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

MX vs ATV: Reflex seems to be getting great reviews on metacritic. I haven't played any of the previous games in the series, but I think I might pick this one up. Terrain deformation that actually impacts on the gameplay, and control over both vehicle and rider balance separately sounds interesting

Advertisement