Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearest Dunnes or Tesco - Grand Canal

Options
  • 22-11-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey, Ive just moved to the Grand Canal area and Im just wondering where is my closest large Tesco and Dunnes. I have a car so I prefer to drive (ie. not town as traffic and parking is a problem).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

glow wrote: »
    Hey, Ive just moved to the Grand Canal area and Im just wondering where is my closest large Tesco and Dunnes. I have a car so I prefer to drive (ie. not town as traffic and parking is a problem).

Thanks

Tesco in Mount Merrion or Jervis Centre, both have good parking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

You know the Grand Canal runs from Ringsend, Dublin through town, past Dolphins Barn, Inchicore, Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, Lucan and then on to the Shannon in Co. Offaly so you might want to be a bit more specific :D

Tails142 wrote: »
    You know the Grand Canal runs from Ringsend, Dublin through town, past Dolphins Barn, Inchicore, Ballyfermot, Clondalkin, Lucan and then on to the Shannon in Co. Offaly so you might want to be a bit more specific :D

Grand Canal is actually an area. It is around Mount street down to Grand Canal Street. There is even a dart station called Grand Canal Dock! So no need to be smart!

Mount Merrion probably be your best bet if you don't fancy town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glow

Grand Canal is actually an area. It is around Mount street down to Grand Canal Street. There is even a dart station called Grand Canal Dock! So no need to be smart!

Mount Merrion probably be your best bet if you don't fancy town.

Yup, I meant the area... I thought that the people in the know would know I meant that and thanks... Think I'll try mount merrion! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

:D That might be the 'Grand Canal' area of Dublin 4, but this is the Dublin City forum and as I said it runs through the whole south side of the city.

As for the Dart station, the clue is in in the name as it's beside Grand Canal Dock

Tesco in Rathmines is quite to close to the Grand Canal area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tesco http://www.tesco.ie/store.htm?osadcampaign=TLStoreLocator
    Baggot Street Upper, Dublin 4
    Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2
    Ringsend, Dublin 4
    Sandymount, Dublin 4
    Camden Street Express, Dublin 2
    Merrion, Dublin 4

Dunnes http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=17
    South Great Georges Street (G)
    Stephen's Green (D/G/H)
    North Earl Street (G)
    Henry Street (G/D/H/OL)
    Ilac Centre (G/D/H)
    Rathmines (D/G/H)

Check around Grand Canal Square to see if there is anything local

Tails142 wrote: »
    :D That might be the 'Grand Canal' area of Dublin 4, but this is the Dublin City forum and as I said it runs through the whole south side of the city.

As for the Dart station, the clue is in in the name as it's beside Grand Canal Dock

Tesco in Rathmines is quite to close to the Grand Canal area

So you know exactly where the grand canal area is but you choose to be a smart arse anyway. Nice way to welcome newbies eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I have never heard of the area being referred to as the "Grand Canal", "Grand Canal Dock" sure or even "along the canal" in reference to prostitution, but never "Grand Canal", which most people in the city would take as anywhere from GCD to Rialto.

Victor wrote: »
    I have never heard of the area being referred to as the "Grand Canal", "Grand Canal Dock" sure or even "along the canal" in reference to prostitution, but never "Grand Canal", which most people in the city would take as anywhere from GCD to Rialto.

Fair enough, I knew exactly where the OP was talking about though and I would always refer to that area as Grand Canal, and so would most people I know. If you don't know where it is that's perfectly fine. But there is no need for Tails142 (having subsequently admitted he knows where it is) to be smart for the sake of it. It's not big and it's not clever.

Edit: Mods I apologise for taking the thread off topic.

Advertisement