Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing in Dublin

• 22-11-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hiya guys,

I'm looking to take up rowing again as I haven't rowed in about 5 years.

Can anyone recommend any clubs in Dublin who would welcome any new members?

I'd need a bit of training I guess to get back into it and also need to be set up with others to row or skull.

Any tips - I've been to rowing ireland but haven't found it to be much help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

All the Dublin Clubs are mentioned a few threads down, See: Experts of Rowing need only apply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

thanks james... i'll try and contact some of them so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

I'm curious what you mean when you say that Rowing Ireland wasn't helpful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

well catchup- when you click into clubs and then into leinster... it says there are no clubs in that area. then i searched further into affiliated clubs and was presented with an excel file listing all the clubs in ireland with no contact details. the site could be more clearly organised for people like me who are interested in getting involved in the sport, and, in my opinion, it would be helpful to provide contact details for the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭catchup

Spellstar...just checked the website. Thats really bad. Anyways go to www.neptunerowingclub.com for direct link to a club in Islndbridge. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement