Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eveshadows

• 22-11-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

What make-up brand does everyone favour when it comes to eyeshadows?
    I personally like rimmel,they have some great coluors and they are really easy to apply and stay on really well!
    Mac is good aswell but waaaay to expensive for a student like myself!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

My picks would be MAC and Urban Decay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Urban Decay!!! I have about 50 different shades, probably more. :o Others I like are Mac, 17 from Boots, Stargazer for neon shades, and Barry M for dazzle dusts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Mac, Urban Decay and Stila (the MOST breakable/turn into dust eyeshadows ever, but the colours are brilliant!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

taram wrote: »
    Urban Decay!!! I have about 50 different shades, probably more. :o Others I like are Mac, 17 from Boots, Stargazer for neon shades, and Barry M for dazzle dusts.

I love Barry M! I'd love some Urban Decay only I can never afford it. I'm all for the cheap stuff.

Don't like Rimmel myself, never could get a good vibrant colour out of any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Barry M are great for the bright colors.
    I use a bit of mac and barry m mostly.

Have dior eye shadows and its the only one that lasts all day with me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I love Mac always use them now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I quite like Barry M for bright colours, as Cookie Jar said.

I have a really nice Gosh palette of grey's and black's and it is so good for a smoky eye, was only around fifteen euro too.

I'm not majorly into eye shadow though, I'm more of a liquid liner girl so in that case, it's all about MAC for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gosh meant to be good if your budget is tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

MAC and Urban Decay are amazing, both with such a wide variety of colours. Urban Decays Eye Shadow Primer is awesome as a base for eyeliner/eyeshadow.
    I have some really great Stargazer loose eyeshadows too. But Barry M is okay for low budget. Colours don't really turn out as bright though imo. Bourjois eyeshadow compacts with a brush and a mirror are really handy, I love these.

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Urban Decays Eye Shadow Primer is awesome as a base for eyeliner/eyeshadow.

Ive heard this a few times, must look into it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Ive heard this a few times, must look into it :)

Only negative thing I can find about it if I tried would be the bottle's a bit of an odd shape so it's hard to get the last few drops out of it. I've heard of people cutting it open before though, so might do that this time when I finish the bottle I'm on :)

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Only negative thing I can find about it if I tried would be the bottle's a bit of an odd shape so it's hard to get the last few drops out of it. I've heard of people cutting it open before though, so might do that this time when I finish the bottle I'm on :)

Ah I get ya!! How much would it set me back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm loving Bourjois "Little Round Pot" eyeshadows at the moment.

If I just want some random colour for one night that I probably won't wear too often, I'd usually go with Rimmel and find them quite good.

I also have a couple of Lancome and Mac and Dior eyeshadows, which I quite like, but I think that eyeshadow is definitely one thing that you don't have to spend a lot of money on to get a good product.

Urban Decay do a brilliant pallette of their most popular colours.
    It is called book of shadows. Think the last time I got one, it was 20 pounds on a ryanair flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah, the Urban Decay shadow sets are well worth the money, much better value than buying single colours. tho you always end up using up one of the colours in the book before any of the others and then you have to go buy the single of it! :D

and another thumbs up for Barry M. Their dazzle dust can be very hazardous to put on but the colours are amazing, they just pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I love the 17 range from boots actually, the colours are great! :D

• My favourite brand is MAC. Haven't been able to afford anything new in ages but I still use eyeshadows I got in 2004 - they last foreverrr (admittedly I don't wear make-up every day). I have an Urban Decay palette, the colours are all lovely and a good selection, but I find their eyeshadows too shimmery for me, they just slide off and make my whole face glitter, so I only wear them on nights out. I find Rimmel absolutely useless, 17 are quite good (I bought the white shade and 2 grey shades and use them loads for a smokey eye), Bourjois ones look good but a bit pricey so I haven't bought any yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Bourjois do great ones. So do maxfactor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Bare Minerals ID eyeshadow.

Loose powder shadows that can be applied, wet, dry or as a liner. Really good depth of colour and lasts absolutely ages.

I love Vanilla Sugar as everyday base colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Larianne wrote: »
    Gosh meant to be good if your budget is tight.
    I've used some Gosh products in the past and they are some of the best products/brand I have ever used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

MizzLolly wrote: »
    I love the 17 range from boots actually, the colours are great! :D

Yeah actually, I have a few of their little tri-colour palettes and they're lovely.

GOSH stuff is brilliant. I don't know some much about their actual eyeshadows but the concealer and eyeliner is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

MAC, expensive but cheaper on e-bay. I find they last forever too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

and another thumbs up for Barry M. Their dazzle dust can be very hazardous to put on but the colours are amazing, they just pop
    I always use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with dazzle dusts, just sort of pat the dust onto my eye with a dense, short brush, works a treat.

Unfortunatly I'm currently looking at a gold splodge on the carpet where no amount of hoovering has picked up the whole pot of dazzle dust I dropped last week :P

Another one for urban decay!

No. 7 are good for neutrals.

If you get a chance to go to Sephora, they are the bestest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Another one for urban decay!

No. 7 are good for neutrals.

If you get a chance to go to Sephora, they are the bestest.
    +1

Love Urban Decay - more for going out though cause they can be sparkly/glittery.
    Sephora do some lovely shadows as well - have a couple of their compacts and they last forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

MAC, expensive but cheaper on e-bay. I find they last forever too!

Most of the MAC stuff on Ebay is fake :( You have to be very careful, really.

I love Barry M Dazzle Dusts! They're well pigmented and fairly long-lasting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't wear eyeshadow. It makes me look silly. I do love Urban Decay's colours though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 sarasull

personally i love the bourjois ones. they're really cool and go on well!
    also the lancome ones are lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

urban decay seems to be very popular!Was looking at their stuff today and they do have some lovely stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

urban decay seems to be very popular!Was looking at their stuff today and they do have some lovely stuff!

...I was looking at their stuff today too because of this thread and I ended up spending a fortune :o

Damn this thread!! That's all I came back to say :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Flippyflop

I got some urban decay eye shadow on www.bodyhaven.ie only 5.99 !! They dont have much stock tho.. Saw some on m and m direct too not too sure how much!! Hope this might help people that are looking for cheapish urban decay!!

Advertisement