Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting Conifers ?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know that the ground is supersaturated -but I was wondering if it would still be OK to plant 3 foot conifers (Potted).
    I have 9 of them that I want to dot around the perimeter of the garden.
    To Plant or not to Plant?
    Any help would be very much appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 treesireland

u can dig away , it depends on the ground, if the ground has not ben disturbed then u may find the soil is workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

The ground is fairly OK --I put the shovel to it today but I am worried about if we get frost it would burn them --I have no green house so I think I will (Weather permitting) be busy on the weekend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

To test for waterlogging dig a trial hole, cover it & see if it fills with water over a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

Discodog wrote: »
    To test for waterlogging dig a trial hole, cover it & see if it fills with water over a few days.

Will do-many thanks for the help--very much appreciated.:)

Advertisement