Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move posts NOT related to the thread's questions??

Options
  • 22-11-2009 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I do not know if this can be an option or if it is way out of the question. My question is if it is possible to have just the answers to the questions that the users who started a thread want to see.....instead of all the rest of the users questioning the a comment make by another user which is not answering thread owners question.

My option is to possibly add a post or something in there by the mod's saying "Any answers NOT relating to the thread owners questions will be moved to ### or deleted without notification".

This make sense?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If posts are off-topic and disrupting a thread, why not just report them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

My point is that its not really disturbing....and no need to report most of them. Its just going off topic.....prob best suited to be moved to a new thread. For professionals and experienced users to give their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If they're not disturbing the thread then what's the big deal? I don't think it's worth disrupting the natural flow on conversation, creating tons more work for mods for the sake of having a "pure" thread that's 100% helpful.

I kind of like the rambling nature of threads :)

True. Some users would like it.

Anyone replying now....ignore these questions. Mod's don't want more work.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you feel a thread is going off-topic report it and the mods will generally steer it back on-topic by posting an on-thread warning. Having a mod go through a whole thread removing any posts that aren't replying to the OP is a needlessly laborious task and something we wouldn't ask them to do except in extreme circumstances. In addition, many posts, while not directly addressing the OP, may contain useful additional information, so is a post like that on-topic or off-topic?

• Advertisement

Good point Zaph. It can be a bit of both on-topic or off-topic with uselful information. If they are useful they'll be on-topic.

Advertisement