Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to fix my removable hardware drive?

• 22-11-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all, I was trying to back-up a hd dvd and afterwards when looking in "my computer" I noticed that my removable hardware drive that I use for sd cards was replaced with a hd drive icon :confused: I have tried to use sd cards since and the laptop wont read them, any one got any ideas how i can fix it? many thanks, Ian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

is the external hard drive still plugged in?

It seems like the both devices are trying to use same drive letter

EDIT: sorry misread the OP

what were you using to backup the hd dvd?
    what version of windows are you using?
    is the hd dvd drive a new device, and if so, internal or external?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have you rebooted to see if it can rectify itself?
    Have you considered going back to an earlier point in time using "System Restore" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

Hey thanks for the reply, Im using a program called image burner, Im using vista and I havnt installed a new hard drive it just comes up saying I have one beside my normal disk drive, thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

does it have the drive letter your previous memory card used?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You could also try to connect to Microsoft's update page (http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate) to see if their service can detect your right hardware and provide the appropriate drivers again for it!
    Worth also a try even though its a long shot!

You might be looking at having to go into the Device Manager and uninstalling the present wrong drivers that are there listed - but ONLY do this if you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

thanks for the help guys, I tried a system restore and it didnt help unfortunitly. And yep it has the same letter that my memory card used thanks again

Advertisement