Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland Talent show 2009

Options
  • 22-11-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Didn't see another thread about this show, and as it happens it has just started and the remote is out of reach so I'm stuck watching it until I summon the energy to change the channel.

Evil Blanith giving her tips for success.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is the first episode of series 2? Just happened to switch on the telly and it was on, but it was very badly advertised. I haven't heard anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

This was absolute car crash tv last year, the live shows had the worst camera work I've ever seen, and once a singers microphone didn't work, so Grainne ran out onto the stage and stopped her, and apologised saying they've "had problems with that mic all day"!

And what a lame attempt at a sob story at the beginning of this episode with the guy talking about his grandsons signing on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

This is the biggest joke of a show. Seriously how is this on par with x factor. It's embarrasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

swingking wrote: »
    This is the biggest joke of a show. Seriously how is this on par with Britains Got Talent. It's embarrasing.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It's been on now for nearly 1/2 and hour and has there been any resemblance of talent ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 purplestain

What the f*ck does she know about music!!!!!! She has the legendary Cormac Battle sitting next to her who would have better credibility and suitability to be a judge and all he can do is advise her! RTE is so retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Yes!!! The hot young guy with the guitar got through :D. David lofts or something.

My cousin is on next week. Cringe :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 James3555

What the f*ck does she know about music!!!!!! She has the legendary Cormac Battle sitting next to her who would have better credibility and suitability to be a judge and all he can do is advise her! RTE is so retarded.

x2 Some of her logic was crazy. She is a sharp girl

I dont understand how that blondie didnt get through?? Her voice was fantastic yet some big daddy got through instead of her :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

Due to our small population and having same language as British it is very hard for a show like this to come off well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ha - no talent whatsoever, cringe tv at it's best, RTE you never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Clearly we have no talent..... apart from Jedward.

They'll be the special guests performing there sometime. I put money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Remember, she's the head judge (or was it chief ?) as she reminded contestants several times. She's bloody awful on that show, someone should remind the 4 judges that the show is supposed to be about the contestants, not the judges themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Thoughts running through my head on Sunday night...

Barry from Fair City!

WHY???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Why didn't they start this in January, after X Factor?

Last year they tried to have a line up that reflected modern Ireland - young and old, rural and urban, native and foreigner - hence the appalling line up that we were left with, talent went out the window.

Shane Lynch in particular chose acts based solely on their ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Blathnaid looks like a kinky bitch.

Daithi is on tonight and from the west, a lot of to protect with the Mulkerin Brother's reputation on the line from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

so far its being crap...of course a person would be nervous up there infront of those experts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

is jacksie down in ti neachtains?
    As for stall the digger. Sweet jaysus.

Stall the digger were hilarious :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MarkoTiernan

Yo,

I was on the show last year with my m8, we were the football freestylers, and made it to the last 10, only to be let down by Blathnaids last second re-think of putting a kid through.

So i came back this year by myself, with something to prove to both her, and myself.

I made it to last 20 or whatever, which is cool, a talent like mine obviously aint her thing.

But to put through basically 8 musical acts is rediculous, no offense to the acts, they are all really good xD !

But its true - RTÉ really dont have a clue, its a farce, they dont know what talent is, and I actually regret coming back this year again.

My advice to anyone thinking of entering in years to come would be - there are bigger and better things than this, so dont get your hopes up, all they wants is traditional Irish based talents, i.e. Trad music, irish dancing or whatever, which is great respectively.

But for god's sake RTE, try be a lil' diverse and bring someting new and fresh.

Peace out,

MarkoT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

@ateam ::: i dont watch this , would rather watch a kettle boil.... but just came in to say exactly what you said

why did they start this after the x factor, surely they realise they cant compete with it, even if it is on at different times etc

I actually find the show an embarrassment, I'd be afraid to show the series to anyone from the UK or America and claim that this is the best talent we have, after scouring the 4 corners of Ireland. It's putting Irish people back 20 years with the typical stereotypical backward Ireland. The production values are weak and I think this year the judges have learnt to be successful in the show you need a singer or a musical act and of course the obligatory 10 year old that has very little talent but the public will love him and vote.

All the blame can't lie with RTE, they want a show that will attract viewers for their advertisers, and I'm sure The all Ireland talent show is one of the most watched shows in Ireland every week. So it's really the public that are to blame for this show on Irish TV. Why can't we have one decent quiz show like there used to be years ago, cheap to make and entertaining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

That_Guy wrote: »
    Clearly we have no talent..... apart from Jedward.

They'll be the special guests performing there sometime. I put money on it.

Your first sentence is just wrong on so many levels....

Anyhoo, how the hell have RTE got a failed TV presenter acting as God/Judge/Jury on a Talent(less) show??? Wasn't Louis available mid weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

Its incredible that RTE do not relase the programme is very bad..watching paint try would be more entertaining than watching this show.
    I understand that RTE do not have the money/resources that goes into producing the xfactor but surely it is possible to make the ''all ireland talent show'' much better than it currently is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mariejoe

Stall the digger were hilarious :pac:.
    Pitty they didnt show much of the Shannon Sisiters, who seemed to have real talent... But I suppose they did not want that????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I actually find the show an embarrassment, I'd be afraid to show the series to anyone from the UK or America and claim that this is the best talent we have, after scouring the 4 corners of Ireland. It's putting Irish people back 20 years with the typical stereotypical backward Ireland. The production values are weak and I think this year the judges have learnt to be successful in the show you need a singer or a musical act and of course the obligatory 10 year old that has very little talent but the public will love him and vote.

All the blame can't lie with RTE, they want a show that will attract viewers for their advertisers, and I'm sure The all Ireland talent show is one of the most watched shows in Ireland every week. So it's really the public that are to blame for this show on Irish TV. Why can't we have one decent quiz show like there used to be years ago, cheap to make and entertaining?

your comparing ireland with a country of 60 million and 360 million. as i said ireland in an era where we are bombared by british tv cannot compete with a show like x-factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mariejoe

Mariejoe wrote: »
    Pitty they didnt show much of the Shannon Sisiters, who seemed to have real talent... But I suppose they did not want that????
    All Im saying is that there seemed to be real talent in this act but they seem to show very little of it and more of the less talented acts. Maybe they need to justify the acts they put through by concentrating on the less talented acts and not the real talent

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Farolina81

What's the criteria for judging the acts? Each one seems to be judged differently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

you dont need a knowledge of music or knowledge of anything when you,ve got tonnes of chutzpah

Advertisement