Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C please?

• 22-11-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi!

Saw the last photo challenge but missed the dates.. so I put together a couple of my own.. I've been doing photography on a casual basis and really enjoy it!

I'd really like if you could have a look at these pics, and for arguments sake, say which one is better and why!!!

One is otherside- by the Redhot chili peppers,
    14237_194574432696_756687696_2849627_8163970_n.jpg
    The other is- Ring of Fire by johnny cash!!
    14237_194574697696_756687696_2849631_4601019_n.jpg
    Thanks a million!

D.U.R.R.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Hi

I realise the above is your first post but . .

1. If you are asking people to gp to the trouble of c&c'ing your stuff, its a good idea to produce smaller resized copies and post them here.

2. its a good idea to embed the images so that they appear in the post directly

3. its a good idea to flip them so that they are the right way up.

I am on mobile broadband and gave up after trying to load your first image. Its massive, takes ages to load and its upside down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

dnme wrote: »
    3. its a good idea to flip them so that they are the right way up.

I think that was intentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 D.U.R.R

I think that was intentional.

Yeh, inverted it when i uploaded it to the computer!

I've resized.. and inserted them! hope that helps!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

The top one - it's difficult to see the detail at that size (god but we're a picky bunch aren't we? ;) ). Do you have a pix.ie or flickr account? Usually when people are posting for C&C it helps to be able to see larger images if it's necessary. I think it is in your first shot, so I'd suggest sticking it up on pix.ie and there's a very handy linkback feature there..

Second one... Hmmmm.. I'm seeing the pots and baskets and all sorts in the background too much. I'd suggest if you were going to set it up again, look ALL around the frame (best piece of advice I *ever* got) and not just at your subject. At the moment it looks a bit like a photo of someone's guitar in a back garden, if you know what I mean. Simply moving the clutter would have helped a lot maybe? Don't be afraid of getting in close and filling your shot! And I'd have gone for a portrait composition, maybe even black and white to get rid of the colour cast from the lights..

What sort of camera are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

#1 - Great idea. You got a really good reflection going there. Good idea for the competition too.

#2 - Good idea too. The flaws have been pointed out already. Background is a bit cluttered, lights have flared up a bit too much on you, and it would probably have worked better in portrait.

All in all, good effort. Keep at it, and keep posting your stuff on here. You'll get some great advice to improve your photography and help you enjoy it even more :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 D.U.R.R

Firstly, thanks a million for the tips.. I really need to pay attention to backgrounds.. It's something I've been warned of before!

I did actually do a portrait version aswell... but to be hoenst the one I did flared worse...

Ehm both were different camera's, one was a Fujifilm5600, the other was a friends Camera, Panasonic but not sure of the model!

Will definitely set up a Flckr or pix account.. Started it the other day, but didnt get to finishing it! have a few thousand photo's... Some of which I hope will be half decent!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I like the 1st one, the 2nd is a great idea and will turn out very good, as the lads said just fix the background.

Advertisement