Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Panto?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Bringing a 3 year old boy to a panto before Christmas but I don't know which one to go to! Would you recommend Jack & the Beanstalk in the Gaeity or Robin Hood in the Olympia?
    Any other ones around?

Also, which seats would be best too in each theatre?
    The front rows.. or stalls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tralaalaalaa

Judging from previous years, the gaiety is always better! It has more of a good old fashioned pantomine feel!

Just wondering as well if anyone knows how to request a mention at the end of the pantomine when they wish people happy birthday and what not? It's my nieces birthday!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭StargazerLily

Jack and the Beanstalk at the Gaiety is very good- a lot of the humour goes over the kids heads but's it's very colourful and entertaining! Front section probably best at that age but you'll pay 34/35 euro each. They read quite a few messages at end but no idea how to do that-suggest getting there very early and talk to one of the Ushers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just wondering as well if anyone knows how to request a mention at the end of the pantomine when they wish people happy birthday and what not? It's my nieces birthday!
    They read quite a few messages at end but no idea how to do that-suggest getting there very early and talk to one of the Ushers.

Basically, just write it on a sheet of paper and hand it, with a smile, to an usher before the interval. They all get passed backstage but the ushers have no control of it from there so it's kinda up to chance if they've been inundated with hundreds of requests. Generally, I think they try to read as many as possible though, time permitting of course. Hope this helps.

Advertisement