Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for somewhere that does alterations...

• 22-11-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to a wedding in a few weeks...and haven't bought a dress yet.

However, while looking through my wardrobe today, I found a dress I bought over a year ago, which will be perfect for the wedding. It has never been worn and is quite nice....but, it's a little bit too big.
    It's a satin-y material strapless dress, but as it's a little bit big, it keeps slippin down.

Can anyone recommend a good alterations place/person, in Dublin city centre, or in west Dublin.
    Also...how much do they usually charge for such a job?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

There is a place in Portarlington and i would highly recommend them for any alterations. The people who run it are from Latvia, and are gifted with their workmanship. The cost is very reasonable, but quality of work is 100%
    its called : Mr Shoe and Mrs Tailor. Phone : 085 7618528. email : mrshoe_mrstailor@mail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

hi there,
    there is a place on Liffey Street, its next to the GAME store..(single door entrance up the stairs). i've used them just once. they were recommended to me by the guys in the mens suits department of Arnotts as they use them too..
    so they should be capable to do your dress..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hey,

I just picked up my dress from the tailors on Anne St (across from Eddie Rockets) and I have to say they did a great job. The lady will do whatever she can to make sure the dress can be worn. Very good job but a nice, laid back environment.

Deffo recommend them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hey,

I just picked up my dress from the tailors on Anne St (across from Eddie Rockets) and I have to say they did a great job. The lady will do whatever she can to make sure the dress can be worn. Very good job but a nice, laid back environment.

Deffo recommend them :)

Hahaha my friend's dad owns that place. He'll be taking over it someday. He'll pleased to hear that comment.

I go there myself. I actually would recommend it. Have to say they really do a great job.

Advertisement