Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Reg's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Would that affect your insurance

I think some insurance companies can change your premium based on where you are based rather than the reg of the car. When i was getting quotes for dublin address it was higher than my wicklow address. Guess it's got to do with the amount of accidents in certain areas or anything they see as a risk based on location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Volvoboy wrote: »

I remember my 1st car had a W reg :(

So? Whats wrong with Waterford? I rather have a Waterford reg than a Dublin reg any day tbh.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I think some insurance companies can change your premium based on where you are based rather than the reg of the car. When i was getting quotes for dublin address it was higher than my wicklow address. Guess it's got to do with the amount of accidents in certain areas or anything they see as a risk based on location etc.

Where I used to live(grew up) was borderline on the Limerick/Clare border so strangely enough we had two address's. (Technically Co Clare)

We used the Limerick City address to bring the post faster and the Clare reg was used for any type of Insurance quotes, house, car, travel etc.

:D

Guess which was cheaper? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The 4 cars I've owned so far (including the current one) have all been D-reg.

While that's more coincidence than intent, right or wrong, it DOES still make a difference to people when it comes time to sell them on. Personally, I couldn't ever see myself in a MH-reg car for example! I know it doesn't make sense but there ya go - maybe it's the fact that I still consider myself a Dub even though I'm living "down de country" ... could be one for PI rather than Motors? :o

What DOES make more of a practical difference on the roads is the type of car - eg: Micra = slow/learner driver prone to erractic and unpredictable manoeuvers, BMW = he will be up your arse the whole trip, Van = see BMW etc... ;)

Out of curiosity what does a CN mean then? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Berty wrote: »
    Where I used to live(grew up) was borderline on the Limerick/Clare border so strangely enough we had two address's. (Technically Co Clare)

We used the Limerick City address to bring the post faster and the Clare reg was used for any type of Insurance quotes, house, car, travel etc.

:D

Guess which was cheaper? :D
    Was doing an insurance quote there yesterday, If you select Co. Clare there's 2 options, Corbally and not Corbally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

So? Whats wrong with Waterford? I rather have a Waterford reg than a Dublin reg any day tbh.:)

Whats wrong with a Dublin reg?
    Deise snobbery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Never been bothered what county my reg is from. Only ever had one D reg, had G, TS, WW, WX, CE, & C regs. Presently have WW & TS regs on my cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I have a CN reg. Being from Monaghan, I don't like cavan. However the reg of my car does not bother me in the slightest, what difference does it really make?

Anyway it's a northern car at birth / registration :) just got adopted by a cavan woman, I have to try get rid of its accent though :P

Nakatomi wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a Dublin reg?
    Deise snobbery?

Snobbery is more of a Dublin characteristic actually, because a lot of people from there wont buy a car if dont have the D on th reg plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Seems to me to be a two way thing, some people would rather a W reg and not a D reg so as not to have people thinking they are dublin snobs.
    (Image is everything, methinks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Seems to me to be a two way thing, some people would rather a W reg and not a D reg so as not to have people thinking they are dublin snobs.

Your right, I am quite happy with a W reg on my car :D

Traumadoc wrote: »

I wouldnt mind what letter is on the reg really just as long as it aint Dublin! As you said its probably an image thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

LM FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cian1500ww wrote: »
    LM FTW :D

10 LM 1

Sure it will probably be the only LM of the year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I have a perception that KY reg's have mad milage on them for some reason i dont know why that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

I prefer me "culchie" regs:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Berty wrote: »
    10 LM 1

Sure it will probably be the only LM of the year. :D

They actually start at around 200 but I'm sure you know that already :P

Advertisement