Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 22-11-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭

Why dont people stop at the painted line at junctions?
    I dont understand it at all myself, its especially annoying when the stop on the red area thats designed for bicycles...its usually the ones who crawl forward but there are lots of people who seem oblivious to the fact that they have entered the junction and that they make it very difficult for people turning right onto their road.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What makes me laugh about this are the people who are parked over the white line AND passed the sensors on the road. Now "the road" has no idea they are there and they keep inching forward expecting the lights to go green.

HOW CAN THEY GO GREEN, YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON THE SENSOR??

You arrive up behind them and stop AT the white line and on the sensors and then the lights go green.

They learn nothing. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

yeah i agree, see it so much early in the morning at rush hour. The white line at one particular junction is a good 12 foot behind the actual turn and the number of cars that ignore it is rediculous and then a bus comes around. I can just see how pissed the bus drivers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Berty wrote: »
    What makes me laugh about this are the people who are parked over the white line AND passed the sensors on the road. Now "the road" has no idea they are there and they keep inching forward expecting the lights to go green.

HOW CAN THEY GO GREEN, YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON THE SENSOR??

You arrive up behind them and stop AT the white line and on the sensors and then the lights go green.

They learn nothing. :mad:

What's worse is when they're far enough forward to miss the sensor, but not far enough for you to activate it. You end up just sitting there with a red light!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The white line at one particular junction is a good 12 foot behind the actual turn and the number of cars that ignore it is rediculous and then a bus comes around. I can just see how pissed the bus drivers are.
    This happens all the time on the Sarsfield Bridge in Limerick - two or three different bus routes take a left turn onto the bridge but there's not enough space if some plank on the bridge stops right on the pedestrian crossing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why dont people stop at the painted line at junctions?
    People are stupid.
    /thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

This happens all the time on the Sarsfield Bridge in Limerick - two or three different bus routes take a left turn onto the bridge but there's not enough space if some plank on the bridge stops right on the pedestrian crossing. :rolleyes:

I always hope that a bus comes when I'm behind this situation...
    Had an interesting experience before coming down towards the Dropping Well pub from the Milltown side. If you know this junction the stop line is a good 10 yards back from the start of the junction. I stopped at this line only to have the guy behind me overtake me and stop in front of me...:confused:
    People are stupid.

Advertisement