Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SimplyElectronics.net Euro Rip off

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

Forgewire wrote: »
    Anyway I would prefer to deal with simplyelectronics any time than with those rude rip off clowns from Camera Centre.

First let me say I don’t deal with the Camera Exchange nor in fact have I ever bought anything from them. You choosing to buy from Simply Electronics and calling the Camera Exchange clowns, says more about you than them. The staff in the Camera Exchange is very knowledgeable compared to those in Simple Electronics.

If you bothered to read this thread first rather than go off on one, you would see there is a lot of trouble with late or no deliveries from them but one of the big problems is lack of communication from them.

Also you should hope that you never have any trouble with any of your equipment you bought from them because this is where the big problem with them is, particularly with photography items. They import into Europe direct from Japan and other Far East countries themselves and not through the European agents or distributers. Therefore your product in most cases is not under warrantee with the manufacture. Read their site and you will see all products have a Simple Electronics in house warrantee. There is no mention of a manufactures warrantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Forgewire

First let me say I don’t deal with the Camera Exchange nor in fact have I ever bought anything from them. You choosing to buy from Simply Electronics and calling the Camera Exchange clowns, says more about you than them. The staff in the Camera Exchange is very knowledgeable compared to those in Simple Electronics.

If you bothered to read this thread first rather than go off on one, you would see there is a lot of trouble with late or no deliveries from them but one of the big problems is lack of communication from them.

Also you should hope that you never have any trouble with any of your equipment you bought from them because this is where the big problem with them is, particularly with photography items. They import into Europe direct from Japan and other Far East countries themselves and not through the European agents or distributers. Therefore your product in most cases is not under warrantee with the manufacture. Read their site and you will see all products have a Simple Electronics in house warrantee. There is no mention of a manufactures warrantee.
    I din't talk about Camera Exchange I'm talking about Camera Centre which has branches in Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley and other S. C.
    I came to them to ask advice about my camera I've bought on ebay and basically was tald to "f*k off" they are rude and expensive clowns and I stand by my words.
    As for warranty issues when I bought Samsung Galaxy phone from Simplyelectronics and connected to 3 network, the phone worked fine a few month. But then I received update from 3 and it started to reboot a few times per day. I contacted Samsung and told about the issue and was instructed to bring phone to any Samsung outlet for warranty repair, if needed (I told them that I bought it from internet they said it doesnt matter)
    Same thing happen with Sony NEX6 camera I've bought from ebay (and was told to f*k off by camera centre staff). I rang Sony Support and they told me to send it for warranty repair even I bought it from ebay. I just sent it back and got full refund.
    By the way The Olympus camera and lenses I ordered from Simplyelectronics one week ago swiftly arrived by DHL no worries whatsoever.

Point taken about Camera Exchange and the Camera Centre (I miss read) but here I differ as I have bought off the Camera Centre and like the Camera Exchange they are a very knowledgeable people. It is people trying in shops and buying off the net that kill off these shops. Than when they have a problem or need information about it, what is the first thing they do? Go to the shop looking for help. I am not surprised they are told to F off.

This thread is about Simply Electronics, not one for you to hijack to complain about another shop, you are entitled to you opinion on SI I just hope you don’t have a problem with a product. As for The Camera Centre being a rip off I needed a video camera last week for work and I got it €100 less in one shop in Blanchardstown over another. But as I said that is for another thread.

A friend of mine bought a Sigma lens that was faulty when he got it, 18 months later he still has no lens and no refund. The company is registered in Hong Kong so there is no following them through the courts. Follow this and see what loads of others think of SI. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=simply+electronics+problems

I'm agree that you can get in trouble when buying small brands from them. My point is if you bought a major brand item (Sony, Samsung, Oly whatever) you can deal with their Customer Support directly instead of Simplyelectronics. All you need is a proof of transaction.
    As I said Samsung and Sony told me send items to them with receit.
    If you bought a Mickey Mouse item with no global customer support than you have to deal with Simplyelectronics
    Another advice is play safe and pay with paypal. When I run in trouble with Sony camera, seller offered me to repair instead of refund. I filed complain and paypal returned me my money.

I certainly wouldn’t call Sigma a Mickey Mouse Company. They are (well certainly until recently anyway) the worlds largest independent lens manufacturer. Canon the worlds largest camera manufacturer, wont do warranty work on cameras bought from SI.

The point I am making is be careful with SI. All can be well but if you have a problem with a product you could end up in trouble with no comeback. As for paying with PayPal that is fine but in my friend’s case he didn’t get his money back as SI offered to repair it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 blender8786

I recently purchased a HTC One Mini smartphone on Simple Electronics website. It looked like an Irish/UK website (I later found out they are based in Hong Kong, China). The estimated product delivery provided on the website was 2-5 working days. After that time I tried to contact their customer service, as I did not get the phone. They replied that the product will be dispatched immediately. I was not happy, as the product supposed to be delivered within 5 working days, not PACKED and DISPATCHED after 5 working days. They ignored my comment and did not contact me any more. So I did a quick research on the Internet and found out I'm not the only one tricked by Simple Electronics. To make the long story short. I immediately got in touch with VISA customer service, they promised to dispute the transaction for me but I need to wait another 5 days before they can do that. I kept e-mailing Simple Electronics and was constantly given different information regarding the status of the order. I requested the order to be cancelled on several occasions and they kept repeating 'please confirm you want to cancel the order', which I did SEVERAL TIMES. Today I got an email stating the product was dispatched to me today. I am NOT going to sign the delivery sheet, so the product will return to Hong Kong, and I will then have to wait for the refund. I reported Simple Electronics to Action Fraud, as they should be closed down for their actions.

I recently purchased a HTC One Mini smartphone on Simple Electronics website. It looked like an Irish/UK website (I later found out they are based in Hong Kong, China). The estimated product delivery provided on the website was 2-5 working days. After that time I tried to contact their customer service, as I did not get the phone. They replied that the product will be dispatched immediately. I was not happy, as the product supposed to be delivered within 5 working days, not PACKED and DISPATCHED after 5 working days. They ignored my comment and did not contact me any more. So I did a quick research on the Internet and found out I'm not the only one tricked by Simple Electronics. To make the long story short. I immediately got in touch with VISA customer service, they promised to dispute the transaction for me but I need to wait another 5 days before they can do that. I kept e-mailing Simple Electronics and was constantly given different information regarding the status of the order. I requested the order to be cancelled on several occasions and they kept repeating 'please confirm you want to cancel the order', which I did SEVERAL TIMES. Today I got an email stating the product was dispatched to me today. I am NOT going to sign the delivery sheet, so the product will return to Hong Kong, and I will then have to wait for the refund. I reported Simple Electronics to Action Fraud, as they should be closed down for their actions.

That was stupid. I've bought Olympus OMD camera from them recently and also had to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive instead of stated 3-5 days. My friend waited for 2 months. They can be slow but they are not scammers.
    If you want cheap stuff I'm sure you can wait or go to carphone warehouse and buy your HTC they will be happy to rip you off thats for sure:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 blender8786

ok, so do you think just because they offer the product cheaper they have the right to make a fool of the customer? woow!

I would rather go to the carphone warehouse now and pay more than worry if I'll ever receive the item and if it will work at all. I made a mistake and did not do the proper research on SE before purchasing but I have always had a great experience with online shopping before...got too confident I guess... BTW if you have nothing helpful to say, better don't say anything :/ PS for your information I checked 3 online stores and the difference price wise wasnt huge (obviously I chose the cheapest option)...They looked like an Irish company,so I did not expect any troubles... if I only knew, I WOULD pay more rather than wait (don't even know for how many months!)

ok, so do you think just because they offer the product cheaper they have the right to make a fool of the customer? woow!

I would rather go to the carphone warehouse now and pay more than worry if I'll ever receive the item and if it will work at all. I made a mistake and did not do the proper research on SE before purchasing but I have always had a great experience with online shopping before...got too confident I guess... BTW if you have nothing helpful to say, better don't say anything :/ PS for your information I checked 3 online stores and the difference price wise wasnt huge (obviously I chose the cheapest option)...They looked like an Irish company,so I did not expect any troubles... if I only knew, I WOULD pay more rather than wait (don't even know for how many months!)

I've bought a lot of stuff from Simplyelectronics . When I did first purchase I panicked like you, esp. when they ask the copy of my ID and cancelled it.They don't ask for IDs any more :) Anyway they are honest folks but expect delays and relax, you will get your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sodslaw

the website states the delivery is - usually dispatched within 2-5 business days, not the same as delivered in 2-5 working days. i got a couple of items from them much cheaper than anyone else, bottom line is if you want it quick buy elsewhere, if you want it cheap and can wait for delivery then give them a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gerryhughes

i am having great trouble in getting my camera gear from this company it is over two weeks since i ordered it anyone else having trouble with them

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

i am having great trouble in getting my camera gear from this company it is over two weeks since i ordered it anyone else having trouble with them

I guess you''ve got the answer by now! They do deliver but at a very slow pace!
    The problem now is that the site is out of service! I wonder if they'll ever be back again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hiddden wrote: »
    I guess you''ve got the answer by now! They do deliver but at a very slow pace!
    The problem now is that the site is out of service! I wonder if they'll ever be back again!

Are you for real? The thread was dormant since 2013, a first-time poster who has never posted since replied in April 2016 and you choose to respond four months later?

This thread is as dead as the firm mentioned in the thread title......

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/outofservice.php

Advertisement