Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is LIVE down?

• 22-11-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭

hey lads, struggling to connect to LIVE right now. is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    hey lads, struggling to connect to LIVE right now. is it just me?
    Nope. Been fine for me all day.

Checked your connection? Can you connect your PC to the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Your able to post here ok OP. Maybe try and reset your connection and see will the Xbox 360 pick it up on restart (I'm sure you have already). Hope you get it back man.

It does go down for maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ah nuts. no, i dont think i changed anything and this laptop is on the net. i tested the connection and all is ok until the last stage when the network is trying to connect to LIVE.

christ, i was having problems with the console itself the last 2 days and now the console works, it wont go on LIVE. one of the suggestions is that the ISP or router is blocking access to LIVE, why that would happen, ive no idea. is it possible its Eircoms fault? the net was down for a while during the storms thurs night and all day friday and this is the first time ive managed to access the xbox since.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It was doing the same for me the other day half way through watching some stuff on SkyPlayer. Everything else was still connected to the interwebnet fine, just not Live.

Just faffed about for a bit pressing reset buttons and then it came back, no reason to think it was actually fixed by anything that I did or didn't do though.

• Advertisement

how do I check to see if port 3074 is open? thats the other suggestion im getting on the xbox after I turn the router off and on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If your eircom, when you go into the router (192.168.1.254) theres a NAT section, where it says add custom service, theres a drop down for Xbl & PSN, add them and you should be good to go!

cheers lads, ill give it a go. if im stuck, ill give eircom a buzz. dont know why this has happened, maybe some settings got lost in translation since the storms over the weekend.

excellent, your advice was almost 100% correct, when I also set the firewall to low, that got me on. provided my xbox stays healthy, im be satisified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

This open ports thingy. How do i do it. I remember i had to do it for WAW and now i gotta do it for MW2. Just cant mind. For xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

http://portforward.com/ its all there for u.and google is your friend if he canthelp u your ****ed

Advertisement