Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Modric walk straight back into the team ?

Options
  • 22-11-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Would be very harsh on Niko (assuming we're talking like for like)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

imo when modric is fully fit he walks back in to first 11 , he's a far better player than niko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

BERBA wrote: »
    imo when modric is fully fit he walks back in to first 11 , he's a far better player than niko

Disagree, Modric is the better player but he's not played in 3 months.
    Niko is in this team and is doing the business.
    Would be wrong to kick him out of the side for anyone.

I wouldn't like to see any of the players who played today being dropped automatically for Modric, sends out the wrong message.

He should be made wait for his chance while the team are doing well. As soon as there's a sniff of a blip (which will happen soon as usual) he goes straight in. Until then he should be made to wait in the bench and made a few sub appearences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Modric was a huge loss against goons , chelski and utd. He wont be missed against the wigans of this world. We got some big games coming up. I think your right dub spur harry wont rush him back while we are flyin. Think the ideal game for him presuming he will be fully fit is the utd carling cup game tuesday week with a view to gettin him in the squad for everton game sunday week. While he's been out we've won 4 drawn 1 and lost 4. He's a big loss to our team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

no

team today, nobody should walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

When's he due back anyway? I agree that he shouldn't get straight back in while Krancjaris playing so well. Nice to have some quality in that position for a change. :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

nico was every bit as good as modric today if not better. his passing was awesome. what a steal for 2 millon quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I just want to see him back fit and available for selection again!

I imagine when he's back he'll start on the bench for the first couple of games at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I just want to see him back fit and available for selection again!

Me too. Nikko was superb yesterday, absolutely brilliant, and we'll be spoiled for choice when he comes back. He deserves to keep his place. His goal was a cracker too!

i was thinking hudd should be dropped but he too was class yesterday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I agree that the you should not change yesterday's team until they drop in form. On the other hand, having the liks of Bassong, King, Modric, Jenas and Keane on the bench would represent real depth. My concern would be if Gomes or Palacios got injured - we don't have top-class cover there

Agree that Hudd was excellent yesterday but he had acres of room. I doubt that he will get that every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Modric will have to come off the bench anyway to regain fitness he isn't even able to run properly yet

thats very true. hudd is no where to be seen in the really big games.

i would play kranjcar on the left and modric in the middle

kranjcar modric palacious lennon

defoe crouch

that is some attacking talent

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Its a nice problem to have. Niko is a class passer but Luka has the dribbling talent.
    Harry tried to play Luka in centre midfield a few times before and it did not work. Its a straight choice between the 2 Croats for left midfield. Bring Luka slowly back into the set up and then decide. Right now we have to be delighted with Niko. 2 million what a bargain!!!!

After seeing the highlights, Kranjkar did play brilliantly! Nice problem to have!
    Defo wouldn't put Modric centre-mid. He's too light-weight there and we would get over-run. He's much better flitting inside from the wing & finding space between the midfield & strikers, linking up with defoe/keane etc.

Wilson has the fitness to cover if the opposition counters leaving luca stranded. Or if Hudd is sitting, he could just move over and hold things up while Luca gets back.

or we could play 3-5-2 with modric in the hole behind keane and defoe

mickman wrote: »
    or we could play 3-5-2 with modric in the hole behind keane and defoe
    Ye, I reckon that would be perfect for Modric. But i doubt whether Harry would change his whole formation to accomodate 1 man.

yeah and who would he drop at the back as you would probably play three centre halves. harry was saying in an interview that "we are desperate to get him fit as he is world class". that dosent sound like a player who will be left on the bench for a while. he will go straight back in i would imagine and nico will lose his place.

mickman wrote: »
    yeah and who would he drop at the back as you would probably play three centre halves. harry was saying in an interview that "we are desperate to get him fit as he is world class". that dosent sound like a player who will be left on the bench for a while. he will go straight back in i would imagine and nico will lose his place.
    I think its gonna take Luca some time to get fully match fit. I can see a few substitute appearances before he is even in contention for starting 11.
    So it will be up to Kranjkar to make himself 'undroppable' during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

What about trying Kranjcar in central midfield beside Palacios. He has two good feet. That would make room for Modric

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

WHL wrote: »
    What about trying Kranjcar in central midfield beside Palacios. He has two good feet. That would make room for Modric

Just a suggestion, what about Luka playing up top with JD, Modric dropping into the hole all the time linking midfield/ forwards?

Might work, Lennon/Kran providing the width.

Otherwise play him in centre with Wilson and give him a few games to get to grips with it. Think he's well capable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, what about Luka playing up top with JD, Modric dropping into the hole all the time linking midfield/ forwards?

Might work, Lennon/Kran providing the width.

Otherwise play him in centre with Wilson and give him a few games to get to grips with it. Think he's well capable.
    Don't think there's room for both of them in midfield especially against the bigger teams and away from home.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

modric makes more tackles than jenas and hudd combined from what i have seen of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I would'nt even consider 352, dont think harry would either, unless forced in to it. No way should Modric walk straight back in to the team, wait your chance son ;) - he will probably play at OT in the league cup id imagine, and see how things go from there. 2 tough away games coming up in the league, so he'll be a valuable asset to have on the bench if needed.

Advertisement