Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor problem

• 22-11-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My Iveco daily has cost me 12,900 in fuel pumps, injectors in 12 months.Water gets into the diesel tank and eventually ends up in the injectors,their is a hollow on top of the tank and when it rains heavily it gets in through.I have noticed spills of diesel on the outside of the tank so in summary if diesel is getting out water is getting in.Two separate ''trained'' Iveco mechanics have blamed it on the diesel i am using to which i responded '''Are you telling me that TOPAZ filling stations are selling me watered down diesel'' to which he responded i never said that.This is a manufactures error and was wondering where do i stand legally. I owe one of them 1000e from the last breakdown since i am broke trying to keep this van on the road.It broke down last Friday week with the same problem so
    the last garage that ''fixed it'' came out and transported back to theirs. I got a phone call
    from their office to tell me that van was fixed but it was going to cost me 1800e which i haven't got so i cannot get my van until i pay them 1800e in total.
    To sum up i have spent 12,000e in the last 12 months on a van that was never fixed correctly anytime i brought it in to either of the two Iveco dealers,just a temporary solution
    until the next rainy day comes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to where i stand legally...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You'll get better advice in the Motors forum. Moved accordingly.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Did the last garage not give a warranty on parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭iceman7

fuel pumps are renowned for going tits up,especially on the iveco daily,u should still be covered by parts warranty,contact consumer advice who can also advise on free legal aid......keep truckin:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

We've spent about the same on a few in the last twelve months, was only just looking at the invoices the other day.

Best thing to do? Sell it and buy something else. Honestly. As your now aware, those Iveco's have more problems than a John and Edward fan. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We've spent about the same on a few in the last twelve months, was only just looking at the invoices the other day.

Best thing to do? Sell it and buy something else. Honestly. As your now aware, those Iveco's have more problems than a John and Edward fan. :D

Apparently the bottom hinge on one of the rear doors just fell off one of our 08 Daily's today. They just don't build 'em like they used to :rolleyes:

I have absolutley no reason to imagine that the strong winds around today may have caught the door and pushed it further than it's meant to go (like the caddy yesterday).

• Advertisement
Advertisement