Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drink when your not drinking

• 22-11-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

If you're the designated driver or you're just off alcoholic drinks what do you order?

I used drink lucozade but it prevents sleep for hours
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

A coke for myself.

And rohypnol for the lady.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

A whiskey and a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sparkling water, preferably with a wedge of lime and ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

a nice glass of warm milk and a full-frontal lobotomy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I've been told non alcoholic Paulanner (sp?) tastes exactly the same as its alcoholic counterpart, which would be a first as every other non beer tastes like ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I wasn't allowed to drink today :( Had a Cobra non-alcoholic. Not too bad; or Bavaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Been a few times when i've been off drink for a few months at a time, and tonic and lime was generally the best when off it at first. After a few weeks I didn't need to have anything at all.

Coke makes me feel ill and Lucozade even more so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

A mugga tay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I'm never the designated driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

If by designated driver you mean designated drunk driver, i'll have some Suddy and red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Non-alcoholic Paulaner is upsettingly bad. Non-alcoholic Erdinger is a bit better but starts to sit really heavily in my stomach after the first pint. Sparkling water with a dash of lime is the only thing I can drink all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Usually sparkly water - have tried 1 non-alcoholic beer (can't remember the name of it) it was horrible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

they make drinks without alcohol:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

dannym08 wrote: »
    they make drinks without alcohol:confused:

But nobody drinks it because it's sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

arent non-alcoholic beers expensive though?

just drink blackcurrents yummmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'm frequently a designated driver and I usually have glass of beer followed by Schweppes Soda and Lime for the rest of the night.

Was in the Woolshed the other night when the match was on and the barman have me three Schweppes in arow and refused payment each time and only took for the alcoholic drinks.

First time I thought it was a mistake and told him he forgot to charge me but he just waved me away and kept not charging for them

Maybe there was one of those 'designated driver' things in place or something. I remember a few bars used to give out free cokes a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't drank in quite a while, mostly when I'm out I'll drink Club Orange, 7up, fruit juice or non-alcoholic cocktails.

most bars, the non-alcoholic drinks costs almost as much, its unfair i think, they shud charge reasonable prices for non-alcoholic drinks and have a bit of a selection for non-drinkers.

I dont do not drinking. Waste of a night out if your not locked drunk!!:D

I can't stand drunk people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Well put, and at least you have the fun of trying to remember what you did last night on sundays. Sure fire way to make ur sunday alot more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Large bottles of Cidona

Me not drinking on a night out a is a serious rarity, I get drunk on 7up. It's so full of sugar and I end up hyper so I may aswell be pissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

OutlawPete wrote: »

Was in the Woolshed the other night when the match was on and the barman have me three Schweppes in arow and refused payment each time and only took for the alcoholic drinks.

First time I thought it was a mistake and told him he forgot to charge me but he just waved me away and kept not charging for them

Maybe there was one of those 'designated driver' things in place or something. I remember a few bars used to give out free cokes a few years back.

Coca Cola Ireland are the distributors for Schweppes. You got these free for being a designated driver :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waste of the day after if you're so hung over you can't move...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Waste of the day after if you're so hung over you can't move...

Nonsense, a good hang over can leave you very very satisfied afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Still water and not too much of it or I'll be up pissing all nite:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Usually blackcurrent and water. With loads of ice! Because it's generally free.

I actually often don't drink. Never saw the appeal of alcohol to be honest. Takes quite a lot to get me drunk and when I'm drunk I act exactly the same as I am when I'm sober. Meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Normally Lucozade but find Club Energize is way nicer if the pub has it. Normally get sick of the stuff after a few rounds though so just stick to water with a dash of lime after that.

I find that I'm the designated driver a lot more than when I drink on a night out by choice, not because I don't like drinking but because I hate being without my car any time-it's a bit sad really when I think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

If you're the designated driver or you're just off alcoholic drinks what do you order?

I used drink lucozade but it prevents sleep for hours

Tried that... gave me weird sugar high after a few pints of it.....

I drink water or squash.... mates rip into me for it, they reckon I should buy something that makes it look like it has alcohol in it:confused:

I call them stupid.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

segaBOY wrote: »
    Normally Lucozade but find Club Energize is way nicer if the pub has it. Normally get sick of the stuff after a few rounds though so just stick to water with a dash of lime after that.

I find that I'm the designated driver a lot more than when I drink on a night out by choice, not because I don't like drinking but because I hate being without my car any time-it's a bit sad really when I think about it.

I hate when pubs have that Club Energize instead of Lucozade. I suppose I'd have a Lucozade or a Coke, but I'd really be in a pub not drinking. Except for work obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'm frequently a designated driver and I usually have glass of beer followed by Schweppes Soda and Lime for the rest of the night.

in all the time i've been out as the driver i've never got a free coke!! do you need to wave keys in the barman's face or what??
    orange juice and sprite in a pint glass. lovely stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

in all the time i've been out as the driver i've never got a free coke!! do you need to wave keys in the barman's face or what??
    You have to drink coca cola to get the free offers as far as I'm aware.*

*Presuming it's valid for this year

That's the first time it happened to me. Now unless someone I was with new the guy and said I was driving or something but I never showed him keys or anything.

He just refused to charge me all night despite me trying to pay him twice. It was so loud in there during the match that I coudln't really ask him anything. That place is crazy loud.

Found this link which might be helpful.

http://www.designateddriver.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Me not drinking on a night out a is a serious rarity, I get drunk on 7up. It's so full of sugar and I end up hyper so I may aswell be pissed!

:D

Try Cidona, the pretend drinking adult child's fav!

• Advertisement

Cavan Cola ftw. It even had a head.

Joke for the OAPs really ..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

sparkly water. love the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lucozade or britvic orange, if i have too many though end up getting hyper due to all the sugar, nearly as bad as being drunk

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

LAst week watching the match in the pub i had a pint of coke, a hot chocolate, a pint of blackcurrent and a glass of fruit juice over course of night. I'd prefer to drink tea all night but im fussy about my tea and most pubs dont do it anyway. Have a packet of crisps or nuts in between drinks to stop you getting sick of them. Sad if you cant enjoy a pub without alcoholics drink though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

a nice glass of warm milk and a full-frontal lobotomy

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

drank red bull instead of beer last new years. was up for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Anto123

I like gingerale myself.

The only problem is that it comes in tiny little bottles - even smaller than the coke ones - so it's a total rip off!

Advertisement