Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink when your not drinking

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

segaBOY wrote: »
    Normally Lucozade but find Club Energize is way nicer if the pub has it. Normally get sick of the stuff after a few rounds though so just stick to water with a dash of lime after that.

I find that I'm the designated driver a lot more than when I drink on a night out by choice, not because I don't like drinking but because I hate being without my car any time-it's a bit sad really when I think about it.

I hate when pubs have that Club Energize instead of Lucozade. I suppose I'd have a Lucozade or a Coke, but I'd really be in a pub not drinking. Except for work obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'm frequently a designated driver and I usually have glass of beer followed by Schweppes Soda and Lime for the rest of the night.

Was in the Woolshed the other night when the match was on and the barman have me three Schweppes in arow and refused payment each time and only took for the alcoholic drinks.

First time I thought it was a mistake and told him he forgot to charge me but he just waved me away and kept not charging for them

Maybe there was one of those 'designated driver' things in place or something. I remember a few bars used to give out free cokes a few years back.

in all the time i've been out as the driver i've never got a free coke!! do you need to wave keys in the barman's face or what??
    orange juice and sprite in a pint glass. lovely stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

in all the time i've been out as the driver i've never got a free coke!! do you need to wave keys in the barman's face or what??
    You have to drink coca cola to get the free offers as far as I'm aware.*

*Presuming it's valid for this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That's the first time it happened to me. Now unless someone I was with new the guy and said I was driving or something but I never showed him keys or anything.

He just refused to charge me all night despite me trying to pay him twice. It was so loud in there during the match that I coudln't really ask him anything. That place is crazy loud.

Found this link which might be helpful.

http://www.designateddriver.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Me not drinking on a night out a is a serious rarity, I get drunk on 7up. It's so full of sugar and I end up hyper so I may aswell be pissed!

:D

Try Cidona, the pretend drinking adult child's fav!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cavan Cola ftw. It even had a head.

Joke for the OAPs really ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

sparkly water. love the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lucozade or britvic orange, if i have too many though end up getting hyper due to all the sugar, nearly as bad as being drunk

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

LAst week watching the match in the pub i had a pint of coke, a hot chocolate, a pint of blackcurrent and a glass of fruit juice over course of night. I'd prefer to drink tea all night but im fussy about my tea and most pubs dont do it anyway. Have a packet of crisps or nuts in between drinks to stop you getting sick of them. Sad if you cant enjoy a pub without alcoholics drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

a nice glass of warm milk and a full-frontal lobotomy

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

drank red bull instead of beer last new years. was up for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Anto123

I like gingerale myself.

The only problem is that it comes in tiny little bottles - even smaller than the coke ones - so it's a total rip off!

Advertisement