Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Size Are You Girls =D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

z_topaz wrote: »
    I agree with what Kate Moss says, namely that there's nothing that tastes as good as being thin feels.

That's the slogan of choice for a large majority of anorexics. My sister is one. And I cannot understand how anybody can justify that sentence and not feel ashamed of themselves when there are people who starve without a choice, people who die because they have no food whilst other people are so obsessed with their weight that they go around saying stuff like that Kate Moss crap and reducing their food and vitamin intake all for the sake of being underweight and "skinny".

If you're healthy in a world where you can afford nutricious food on a daily basis and live a healthy lifestyle who cares what "size" you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

I said 8.

I can be a 6, an 8, or a ten.

it changes depending on where I shop.

would love to put on somemore weight though, I've a really small frame though so it's not working v well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm an 8-10. My weight pretty much varies, depending what's going on in my life. If I "get hippy", it generally means I'm quite happy and relaxed, and eating whatever I feel like.

If I'm having a bad few weeks, weight tends to drop off me. Same for stressful times in work, ie Christmas so bye bye belly!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

kate moss has obviously never visited jimmy buffets if she made that comment;)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

geeniebops wrote: »
    Size 12. Was skinny throughout my teens, love having a shape now. Clothes in wardrobe go from 10 - 14 but mostly size 12's.

Same here. I had a boy's figure as a teenager! I much prefer my body shape now, it feels so much healthier and I feel more feminine too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

im an 8.. weighed myself today tho, put on half a stone since i've finished up in work... so no more lounging infront of the tv for me, holiday camp is over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Let's just say I'll be choosing the bottom option.

That said, I consider myself to be very much a work in progress. I'm making lifestyle changes in a subtle, sustainable way at the moment, planning long term rather than going for a short term drop that'll be back up the first time I have a sh!tty week at work or things start to go pear shaped. I figure I owe it to myself to be the best me that I can be.

It didn't take me a few weeks to get to be the size I am, I'm not stupid enough to think a few weeks will have me where I want to be. At the moment though I'm going on waistband fit, and I think I'll have to throw out / donate / modify most of my trousers and skirts soon, as they're all falling off. I didn't realise how bad it was until Friday when I wore a skirt I hadn't worn in a while, it had always been snug, and when I went to stand up it started to slide down! So far my achievement might only be one clothes size, but that's a big achievement to me, I've had plenty of reasons for convincing myself to stay as I was or get bigger in the past, but I've decided my demons need to be put in their place!

Hopefully this time next year I'll be ticking a box higher up the chart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

"Your fingers are to large to obtain the number you wanted. To obtain a dialing wand, please mash the keypad with the palm of your hand."

I ticked 16 although sometimes I need an 18 on top and all my jeans are a 14 because I've a stupid upside down triangle man shape that most clothes just do not like. I'd love to be more toned but just haven't the motivation. Personally, I think I have an awful figure but the boyfriend seems to think differently and tells me so everyday, bless him. All in all, I think I'm mostly content with my shape, not delighted but you know, not repulsed. Also, if I did drop a few pounds I would have to go out and buy loads of new clothes and in these recessionary times that would not be cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

8 to 10, occasionally a 12 depending on the brand/how much access to peanutbutter I've had over the past few days. :pac:

Used to worry about it a lot in my teens (being a size 10 and thinking I was too big :rolleyes:), I'm a lot more secure about it now. I'd think of myself as fairly slim but I'd like to think I wouldn't care if I wasn't.

The constant obsession over food and weight among young women in particular is a real pain in the balls. It's basically the same conversation over and over again, gets really boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

104494431 wrote: »
    How p.c. of you... :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with what I posted. I wasn't trying to be p.c, I meant what I said.

Body insecurity is a very serious issue. So many women go through life loathing themselves and their bodies.
    Size can be a very sensitive issue for some women. It can cause them to feel embarrassed, ashamed and inferior.

When I saw the thread, I thought that there was definitely a risk that it could take the wrong turn, the wrong approach and leave many women feeling insecure - or worse about their figures - so I vocalised that.
    The OP most likely did not create the poll in an effort to flaunt their own size but rather to see what the user demographic was like.

I never said the OP created the poll to flaunt her size. I wouldn't make such a claim either.

I was simply saying the topic the thread is based around can be quite a sensitive one and can be distressing for some women.
    I feel that your post is written as a result of insecurity. I saw the thread and didn't automatically think it would offend people.

You can feel whatever you like, but I won't be justifying the angle of my post to you I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I feel that your post is written as a result of insecurity.

Hey now.. that's totally uncalled for. If a poster doesn't want to post personal info about themselves then that's their choice. It's scathing, judgmental rubbish like what you typed that makes people wary of posting such info. Her reluctance to post her size doesn't mean she's insecure. You've no right to assume that based on one post.

Also the ''biased mods'' comment and the rolleyes are a tad uncalled for. No wonder some women aren't comfortable posting in threads like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm a ten on top. And a ten for dresses. And 10 or 12 on bottom. Depends. Although I often have to get a size 12 on top for jackets/jumpers as I have such long arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Kate Moss is an airhead. There are more intelligent role models out there in fairness. :confused:

Why do your role models need to be intelligent?
    Surely someone being content sets a better example...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

dyl10 wrote: »
    Why do your role models need to be intelligent?
    Surely someone being content sets a better example...

Her belief is that nothing can taste as good as feeling thin does. She is a mother of a beautiful little girl but still had no issues about hooking up with a junkie and snorting cocaine. The woman is anything but content.

I'm going to assume you were joking though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I'm usually an 8 or a 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm a size 16 and am comfortable with my size, used to be a 22.
    I am still "downsizing" as dolorous says :p Am aiming for a 10/12.

Think no matter what size somebody is though the most important thing is they are comfortable with themselves. I know tonnes of women that are size 8/10/12 and hate their bodies where as really comfortable with myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't think it is possible to be overweight at a size 10/12. :confused:

Sorry I should have said "for my height"! Anyways sorry a size 12 in general is a lovely size! I'm happy with it :) At the age of 15 I was bullied for been "fat" I was 13 stone at 15! :eek: Worked very hard when I was first introduced to boards and looked through the fitness forums/food diarys/pm'd some people for advice now i'm 18 and 11st4lbs :) I'm delighted :) Great to see this thread is comforting some people and it's also nice reading through some of people's success stories! Anyways as others have said who cares what size people are it's just great that we can all talk about our sizes and feel good about ourselves

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

8 on top, 10 on bottom, I have wide hips. :( Somehow manages to look balanced/hourglassy though so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My dad was a fashion designer but the one who was obsessed with her (and my) weight was my mum...had horrible times whem mum constantly called me fat and would look at everything that I ate (I was a normal teenager, not fat)...however it did lead to issues with my weight over time...it was worse when I got type 1 diabetes (have had horrible people calling it the fat disease) and then another condion also normally associated with weight...had essential life saving surgery which means that I find it hard to maintain weight. I would far rather see someone comfortable with themselves. For me even managing to be pregnant is wonderful and seeing the scale going up is even better (not to mention my wonderful baby).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

CathyMoran wrote: »
    ...had horrible times whem mum constantly called me fat and would look at everything that I ate (I was a normal teenager, not fat)....

I find that this kind of behaviour does nothing to help the issue, and if anything it makes it worse. But as you said you were a normal weight, so what your mother would say to you would be more of a reflection on her own mental and physical insecurities.

As for Kate Moss, I really am conflicted in regards to her. Either she's a publicity whore who knows what kind of media reaction these comments will get, or she's just too ****ing stupid to realise that she's whipping up a ****storm upon herself and as a result ensuring that a few contracts are lost. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Was a lot bigger in my miserable relationship days - a size 24. Miserable :(

But post break up I decided to get my backside in shape and I'm now a 16 (an 18 on a bloated day).
    Happy out with my size but am still trying to keep fit and get a bit more toned. But I love food and wine too much to ever get to a size 10 I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

8-10 and a healthy .69 ratio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Mostly 8, sometimes 6 for dresses. Have been pretty much the same size since I grew bewbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

A big + 1 on this one !!!.:)

Size doesn't matter.

So, I'll just say now that women - and men - come in various shapes and sizes and we're all beautiful! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

g'em wrote: »
    lol yup :D It's both a health indicator (having a ratio above 0.85 for women indicates an apple shape, which is more prone to cardiovascular disease and diabetes) and a fertility indicator (there's a correlation between a hip:waist ratio of around 0.7 for women and good fertility).

For guys the optimal is around 0.9

Had never tried this before, just googled and got a 0.76 rating - pear shape and "reduced risk of coronary heart diseasemag-glass_10x10.gif, diabetes and stroke."

Sizewise, I'm an 8-10 depending on the shop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't think it is possible to be overweight at a size 10/12. :confused:

Depends on your frame and height tbh...

my mam is 5'10" with a medium frame and looks underweight at a size 12, doesn't suit her at all! She looks a lot healthier at a 14/16.

I'm 5'3" with a small frame and according to the healthy weight range charts I am over the healthy range as a size 12. I look my best as an 8 imo, I don't look "thin" at that size I just look healthy. Currently an 8-10, could do with losing about 4lbs but meh, lazy :rolleyes:

Looking back at pictures where I was a 12 I look dreadful, my arms and face are podgy, whereas when my mam was a 12 her face looked gaunt!

Basically, sizes mean nothing. Its a pity we get so hung up about them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Some mean girls on here! Why should anyone have to share their size if they don't want to!! :mad: It does NOT mean they are insecure.

I'm a 12 ish I'd say, don't pay sizes much notice. However I do get very confused about the waist to hip ratio, because when i google myself I get a .83 which is horrifically bad, but I'm not overweight - it's because I have tiny hips!! I am an apple but a small apple :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Iv a different shape to most girlies, bigger on top than bottom! I like the boobs that go with that shape though ;)
    depending on the shop in buying in, my size ranges between size 8 - 12! so i round off to a size 10 mainly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah I know what you mean about the frame thing. I'm 5'9", with a medium frame I'd say, and when I was a size 8 everyone used to say I looked way too thin looking.

Ugh my Dad sounds look your Mum, CathyMoran. He used to be constantly at me about my weight. He definitely has some sort of eating disorder type issue. He is about an inch taller than me weighs about the same as me. If he ever notices I weigh more than him he takes the piss outta me for it. He bought me a pair of pants last year KNOWING they wouldn't fit me. So when I tried them on and they didn't fit he was all "ohh, well they fit me!". Eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

How p.c. of you... :rolleyes:

I feel that your post is written as a result of insecurity.

This is not nice, not nice at all.

Pikachucheeks was posting out of concern for people who may be made feel uncomfortable with this thread. Granted, no one is asking or demanding anyone to post. On other threads Pikachucheeks has posted pics ( which a person with insecurities does not do ), and has abselutely no reason what so ever to have this insecurity you "feel" she may have.

That comment was just not nice.

Ash23 - that's a brilliant achievement :)

CathyMoran - I read your posts on here all the time,you are just such a lovely person :)

Advertisement