Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big chopping board

Options
  • 22-11-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a big chopping board to replace the one I have. The one I have is about 30 inches by 15 inches and was reclaimed from a kitchen trolley main moons ago. However, it's now starting to chip and get a little grotty, and I can't go back to the little ones they sell in Argos and places like Woodys. I was considering getting one of these and just not putting it together, using the top alone for my purposes, but wonder if someone knows of somewhere I might just get a good large chopping block (online or in Cork).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The one I use is a similar size & I got it in Dunnes for a tenner a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

tkmax have large chopping boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

IKEA sell butcher's blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

They also sell these boys which I find quite useful.

There's a lip at one side, which will prevent the board slipping away from you (for people who don't know how to put a damp cloth under a chopping board), and if you have it "lip up", there's also a groove running around it for juices to flow into. at 18"x21", its not a bad size either.

TBH, though, if you have a mate who's handy with wood, you could probbly get your existing board planed, sanded, and re-oiled.

Advertisement